We have an outstanding opportunity for a Digital Content Assistant in our Communications Division.
Reporting to the Digital Content Editor and working with colleagues across the Web team and wider Communications Division. Responsibilities of the Digital Content Assistant are producing engaging video content and maintaining an active presence and impactful reach on our social media platforms which include Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. The objective of the role is to produce content for, and drive traffic to, the Commonwealth Secretariat website and social media channels in order to showcase its work and enhance its brand.
To be considered, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in broadcast journalism or digital/media/video production, PR and/or marketing from a professionally accredited course or equivalent professional experience. 2 -3 years of experience in a similar role, experience of graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite or similar, experience of using content management systems to upload digital content, especially Drupal and WordPress.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to research and develop ideas and working practices which enable the Secretariat to remain innovative.
- To build professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- To produce and support the production of high-quality film, photography, audio and digital content, including for social media.
- To operate the Secretariat’s Digital Image Library.
- Experience uploading and editing high quality digital content to the Secretariat’s website.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 member governments and provides guidance on policymaking, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive and equitable development. To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
If you feel that you are suitable for the role, please apply using the buttons below.
Closing date: 17 June 2021, 1700 hrs BST