Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient Kubernetes Engineer to join it’s Cloud Development team to perform Automation QA tasks. You will have the opportunity to work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to Percona software and its customers. You’ll be getting your hands dirty working with many leading technologies like Jenkins, JIRA, our os Percona products and more! There’s a yearly global destination team meeting (last year it was in Lisbon).
- Evaluate new features and product releases, locating product issues & bugs via implementation of automatic testing
- Formulate testing plans for new features and product releases
- Triage reported issues by support department and community
- Assist support department with implementing various items relating to customer Kubernetes environment
- Good Kubernetes experience
- Experience with databases on Linux platforms
- Proficient in bash scripting
- Strong desire to do QA work
- Good communicator with fluent written and spoken English
Desired Skills (in order of priority)
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- Proficient with MongoDB
- Golang coding skills
- Proficient with Galera Cluster for MySQL
- Solid understanding of advanced database concepts, e.g. replication, sharding, and PITR
- Proficiency with Mesosphere DC/OS
- Location: Remote, work from home role, anywhere worldwide as long as you have consistent and reliable internet.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.