Parity Technologies has a small but growing team of developers and writers dedicated to creating a fantastic developer experience for its technologies. By joining this team you will create user-friendly resources to help developers build on Parity’s products. You will champion developer interests and translate external feedback into useful insights that will shape product and communications.
As Developer Advocate, you will help define what SDKs should contain, write tutorials, create course and presentation content, and contribute all the way down to code-level documentation. It will be your responsibility that the tools and technologies we provide are well-documented and easy to understand and build with.
Responsibilities may include:
- Building demos, sample apps, SDKs and continuously improving the developer experience of our products.
- Driving adoption of the technology platforms Parity provides, particularly Substrate.
- Defining what educational content should be produced and how it should be organised.
- Creating workshops, courses, tutorials, hackathons, and online events.
- Helping coordinate the internal team of technical writers and content producers with regards to creating, updating, illustrating, and promoting content.
- Providing feedback to the internal team of developers by gathering insights from the developer community.
- Identifying and engaging strategic opportunities to grow our developer community.
- Great technical writing skills.
- Ability to make complicated subjects easy to understand.
- Hand-on experience as a full-stack software developer.
- Comfortable presenting to different audiences.
- Creative, empathic, and a good communicator.
- Experience building a great developer experience, be it in documentation or SDKs.
- Knowledge in a wide variety of blockchain technologies.
- Passionate about bringing the Web 3 vision of a decentralised web to the world.
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Open source software background.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.