Reports to: Programme Effectiveness Team Lead
Duration: Fixed contract: 2 years
Purpose of the Position:
To lead and support design, monitoring and evaluation(DME) activities of WASH Technical Programme implementation in alignment with Financial Year 21-25 strategy cycle as well as overall support of the DME Department.
- Strengthen activity, output and outcome monitoring activities
• Develop and (or) modify monitoring tools in alignment with the WASH Technical Programme M&E plan thereafter facilitate training on these tools, as well as mWater trainings.
• Coordinate monitoring processes of WASH interventions on a quarterly basis in collaboration with DME department
• Proactively review Monthly Monitoring Report (MMR) and indicator tracking tables (ITT) by Area Programmes to ensure quality data is being properly collected and entered.
• Facilitate regular meetings with Area Programme Coordinators (APCs) to review data before it is reported.
• Manage the safe storage of collected data and ensure policies and protocols for data protection are adhere to.
• Ensuring ongoing relationships with field staff and local community, including faith leaders and partners during WASH TP implementation.
- Support reporting for WASH related activities
• Produce timely and quality WASH TP reports, on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis alongside WASH TP Manager and DME department (which will include consolidation of MMR, ITTs and supporting documents).
• Support plans and budgeting processes facilitated by DME Department, with specific focus on WASH TP to ensure that all plans are aligned to TP logframe and budget.
- Ensure data quality of all WASH TP-related interventions
• Develop monitoring plans and finalization of targets
• Ensure monitoring guidelines are applied appropriately,
• Coordinate monitoring processes and activities at WASH sites/district levels and verify progress results collated from local programming areas in regular reporting.
- Support DME the overall functioning of DME Department
• Participate in weekly DME meetings – with updates to share on work being done, as well as identifying areas of support and collaboration with other projects.
• Support strategic functions; CSIP, MVC mapping, programme evaluations, strategy reviews, CSIP.
• Support knowledge management processes
• Communicate and utilize M&E data
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• At least a Bachelors level degree in Economics with statistics or any Social Sciences relevant field, with 2-3 years humanitarian programs and/or monitoring for an NGO or grant funded project.
• M&E related training certificates and (or) with prior experience with WASH-related programmes will be advantageous.
• Direct DM&E experience with grant funded programming
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Analyse and interpret data
• Be analytical and use research skills as applied to DM&E
• Statistical skills such as sampling, descriptive and inferential statistics, confidence levels (Software and computation skills). Use of data analysis software packages.
• In depth knowledge of programme design processes and products
• Strong appreciation and commitment to data quality
• Good communication and networking skills
• Good report writing skills
• Use critical analysis thinking skills
• Communicate both technical input and child well-being issues clearly and simply
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to travel to field for long periods
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Office-based with extensive travel to the field
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following email Only and must be in PDF format (application letter, curriculum vitae and certified transcripts and certificates): [email protected]
Please label subject of the email: DME COORDINATOR
Closing date 24TH September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.