POST TITLE: Deputy Registrar- Academic Administration Affairs
REPORTS TO: REGISTRAR
Under the direct supervision of the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar – Academic Administration Affairs serves as the Academic Affairs unit Manager in the delivery of academic administration. The Deputy Registrar oversees and ensures effective and timeous academic administrative support on the maintenance of academic structures, student enrolment, assessment and graduation at the Polytechnic.
KEY DUTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Oversees and supervises the day-to-day operations of the unit and staff under his/her supervision.
- Assists the Registrar’s office in the recruitment, training and development of the human resource of the unit.
- Responsible for processing of sponsorship lists and submission to NMDS.
- Responsible for verification of student results with ECOL and other similar entities.
- Advises, directs and supports academic faculties in respect to any duties and functions related to the Registrar’s offices.
- Develop, implement and monitor the budget for the unit.
- Advises, supervises and supports the examination and students’ records offices to discharge their functions and duties efficiently and effectively.
- Assists the Registrar’s Office in matters pertaining to compilation of the examination administration and support documents.
- Facilitates and coordinates external moderation of question papers, scripts and projects and liaises with stakeholders concerned.
- Ensures that all claim forms for external examiners are filled up and the payments are effected.
- Facilitate the processing and the issuance of certificates to graduands.
- Represent the Academic Administration Office on external bodies, andinternal committees as agreed with the Registrar.
- Manage the performance and development of staff under his/her supervision
- To support and regularly liaise with Deans, Principal, Heads of Departments and Heads of Programmes, and provide guidance in the academic administration of the Polytechnic and to contribute advice across a wide range of internal structures
- Performs such other relevant duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Supervisor. Such duties should not distort the position, relegate it or usurp duties of other offices.
- Stand in for the Registrar when required.
- A Postgraduate Diploma / Honours in Education Management or Administration
- 3 years relevant experience, with 2 years in a managerial role, preferably in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of legislation impacting on assessment and enrolment in Higher Education Institutions
- Systems knowledge of a higher education institution
NB* A Masters Degree in Education Management or Administration will be an added advantage.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Facilitation and coordination Skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Computer Skills with emphasis on data handling and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Research Skills
- Managerial and supervisory skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- High level of confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 22nd OCTOBER, 2021 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16