Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions tenable in the Teaching Service in Government and Church-Owned schools around Lesotho.
All positions are open for both qualified unemployed teachers and serving teachers who have acquired higher qualifications.
SCHOOL OF ASSIGNMENT : POST PRIMARY
JOB TITLE : DEPUTY PRINCIPAL
NO. OF POSITIONS : 2
MINISTRY : EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEPARTMENT : TEACHING SERVICE
NATURE OF CONTRACT : PERMANENT
RESPONSIBLE TO : PRINCIPAL
■ Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent shall act as an academic administrator of the school and supervise heads of department/teachers and perform his/her teaching duties as assigned by the Principal. She/he will also deputise the principal as and when necessary.
Specific Duties / Functions
■ To be in charge of pupils’ discipline and perf ormance, and to advise the Principal on appropriate action to take.
■ To check teachers’ preparations books, Record Books, Scheme of Work and Class register on monthly basis and to give all necessary help, support and guidance to teachers in this respect.
■ To chair the disciplinary committee handling pupils’ disciplinary cases.
■ To develop a system of record keeping for pupils’ performance.
■ To prepare annual programmes of the school activities, meeting and school assessment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Title : Deputy Principal
Requirements for Appointment
B.Ed or equivalent + 5 years teaching experience + 3 years as a HOD + satisfactory performance + requisite competencies
B.Ed or equivalent + 5 years as Senior Teacher 1 + satisfactory performance + requisite competencies
• Leadership, vision and management skills
• Strategic Planning and Organisational skills
• Human Resource and financial management skills
• Statutory formulation and interpersonal skills
• Management skills for complex information system
• Information management skills
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications, including certified copies of relevant qualifications, registration certificate, passport, marriage certificate (where necessary), testimonials and IDs, must reach the District Education Office — Human Resource Offices and copies to the School Board and Educational Secretary and Supervisor Government Schools by 16:30 on the 07th September, 2020
Addresses for District Education Offices
1. Bothe Education Office, P. 0. Box 230, Botha Bothe 400, Lesotho, Telephone 22460258
2. Leribe Education Office, P. 0. Box 12, Leribe 300, Lesotho; Telephone: 22400210 / 22401360
3. Berea Education Office, P. 0. Box 561 Teyateyaneng 200, Lesotho: Telephone: 22500235
4. Maseru Education Office, P. 0. Box 47, Maseru 100, Lesotho; Telephone; 22313709
5. Mafeteng Education Office, P. 0. Box 13 Mafeteng 900, Lesotho, Telephone, 22700213
6. Mohale’s Hoek Education Office, P. 0. Box 50 Mohale’s Hoek 800, Lesotho; Telephone: 22785291 7. Quthing Education Office, P. 0. Box 41 Quthing 700, Lesotho; Telephone: 22750266
8. Qacha’s Nek Education Office, P. 0. Box 23 Qacha’s Nek 600, Lesotho; Telephone: 22950226
9. Mokhotlong Education Office, P. 0. Box 156 Mokhotlong 500, Lesotho; Telephone: 22920225
10. Thaba-Tseka Education Office, P. 0. Box 170 Thaba-Tseka 550 Lesotho; Telephone, 22900206