Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL) is a network of churches’ owned health facilities namely Hospitals, Health Centers and Nurses Training Institutions throughout the country. It is constitutionally mandated to facilitate the participation of the Christian churches in ensuring that the right to health of all the members of the communities to the highest quality health services is upheld. Therefore, CHAL invites suitably qualified candidates for the position of DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (DED) tenable at the Secretariat in Maseru.
The Deputy Executive Director is the Head of Programs and deals directly with internal and external stakeholders of CHAL in pursuing the mandate of CHAL. The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate and manage programs and projects in line with related partnerships and in the best interest of CHAL. Key responsibilities of DED include the following, though not limited to:
- Lead and support implementation of programs and projects to ensure synergies and leverages.
- Provide technical, strategic and professional support and direction on planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions of CHAL in support of CHAL’s strategic intentions.
- Participate in business development and resources mobilization activities of CHAL.
- Participate in the governance structures and functions of CHAL.
- Represent CHAL at national, and global health platforms.
- Facilitate capacity building initiatives for the Secretariat and health facilities through networking, knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Requisite qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Health or Management Sciences plus 5 years’ experience in managerial positions.
- Degree in Health and Management Sciences Plus Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent in related fields preferably Public Health, Health Systems Management and Leadership, Project Management, Management Leadership and Monitoring and Evaluation plus 7 years’ experience 5 of which should be in managerial positions.
Skills and other competencies
- In-depth understanding of Lesotho’s health sector and national and global health dynamics and priorities.
- Ability to work with higher government authorities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in proposal writing.
- Ability to work with and manage stakeholders, donors, partners.
- Understanding health management systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of health policy and legal framework.
HOW TO APPLY
Only suitably qualified candidates should submit an application letter with the following; detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivational statement not exceeding 500 words, 2 reference letters, certified copies of identity documents, educational certificates and academic transcripts to [email protected] or Hand deliver to;
The Human Resources Office
Christian Health Association of Lesotho
P.O. BOX 1632
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- The closing date for receiving full applications is Friday, 24th January 2020.
- CHAL reserves the right to withdraw or cancel this advert.