Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL) is a network of churches’ owned health facility including 8 hospitals, 71 Health Centres and 4 Nursing Training Institutions throughout the country. It is constitutionally mandated to facilitate participation of Christian churches in ensuring that the right to health for all is upheld to the highest quality. The Association collaborates with various partners in delivering health care services to fulfil its mandate and as such implements various donor funded projects to promote good health for all Basotho. CHAL therefore, invites suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
DEMAND CREATION OFFICER (VMMC)
KHANYA project aims to scale up VMMC services in Lesotho through CHAL health facilities. The purpose of this project is to provide direct service delivery to support high quality, high volume VMMC and related services in the five lowlands districts of Lesotho. Working at fixed and outreach, reach 80% coverage of the target population in order to prevent new HIV infections.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Demand Creation Officer will be responsible for development, co-ordination and management of a diverse and vibrant demand creation and social mobilization team in five districts of Lesotho, namely: Maseru, Mafeteng, Mohales’s Hoek, Berea and Leribe. Demand creation Officer will report to Senior Program Coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analysis of existing Demand Creation activities, with mapping of processes and existing gaps
- Development of a vibrant, responsive and dynamic Demand Creation strategies
- Management of VCAs in 5 districts
- Oversee the implementation of the Demand Creation strategies at all levels
- Work closely with Advocacy and Communications Officer for CHAL and Jhpiego
- Guide strategic planning, design and implementation of the Demand Creation in 5 districts of Lesotho
- Liaises closely with M&E team to ensure alignment of Demand Creation activities towards meeting targets
- Consolidates and provides inputs for weekly monthly and quarterly reports to Project Coordinator
- Develop and implement campaigns, advocacy, and promotion of VMMC for key population members to all levels and segments of the population
- Identify behavior change gaps and work closely with partners to develop and disseminate appropriate messages through suitable channel.
- Facilitate and support the integration of key populations perspectives and challenges in various technical areas by providing direct technical support to VCAs
- When necessary, attend and/or represent the Project at meetings with the Donors
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Communications/Public Relations/ Media Studies or related qualification.
- At least six years of relevant experience working on social behavior change communication, demand creation, marketing and / or community development.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- At least three years of successful experience working in the Health Sector of Lesotho
- Ability and willingness to travel to Travel
Seven (7) months fixed term contract
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit an application letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of educational certificates, certified copies of Identity documents and academic transcripts to:
The Human Resources Office
Christian Health Association of Lesotho
P.O. BOX 1632
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- The closing date for receiving full applications is Friday, 30th April 2021 @ 12:00 noon.
- Applications submitted after the 30th April @ 12:00 noon will not be accepted.
- CHAL reserves the right to withdraw or cancel this advert
Interested and qualified candidates should visit www.chal.org.ls to get more information.