DCS Technician – February 2020 (Grade9 / HRL 15)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a DCS TECHNICIAN to limit downtime by solving problems on equipment Electrical, Electronic and Instrumentation as well as to support with technical detail levels higher than that of an artisan and Foreman
This role reports into the Snr Mill Wide Reticulation & DCS Engineer
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist the Master and Snr DCS Technician as well as Process Engineers with investigations
- Initiate manage and complete projects
- Fault find on equipment and rectification thereof up to card level
- Maintain the DCS including back-ups, networks and server maintenance.
- Manage development and new installation of projects, assisting Master & Snr Technicians and Projects Department with commissioning and quality control to ensure standards, equipment choices, design techniques and ensuring the availability of proper documentation with regards to the DCS.
- Assist with solving everyday Plant problems
- Ensure high standards of work is performed by inspecting and commissioning plant modifications under supervision of Technicians.
- Calibrate and optimize equipment to ensure absolute maximum benefit of equipment.
- Perform fault finding on equipment up to card level and depending on availability of the relevant electronic card, finding the cause of the problem and rectifying it.
- Identify training requirements needed by Artisans and Foremen
- Maintain self-development by keeping up with Technology by studying Catalogues and Manuals and attending demonstrations and presentations
- Ensure accurate and dependable documentation updates
The ideal candidate should have:
- National Diploma NQF6 in Engineering (Light Current)
- Heavy industry experience – 3 years
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
CLOSING DATE: 13 March 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.