Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centered HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions related to upcoming research implementation over the next 2 years in Maseru.
Position: Data Quality Assurance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The TB GAPS DQAO will be responsible for monitoring and overseeing site study data in accordance to sponsor requirements, providing ongoing study data management support for the Lesotho site, and will ensure timely and quality data collection, storage, retrieval, and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the TB GAPS Regional Data Manager by abiding by study policies and procedures
- Work closely with DQAOs and M&E Officers at all African implementing site
- Conduct monthly data review, including regulatory review to check adherence to the protocol and manual of procedures and ensure quality data is collected and research protocol is being followed
- Responsible for implementing quality control activities for data integrity – audit data and create reports on a regular basis
- Identify data entry and quality errors and communicate with study teams for clarification and amendments
- Manage and troubleshooting electronic medical records and RedCap data capturing systems
- Ensure data system is operational and regularly backed up
- Ensure site is following project timelines for data collection and meets set deadlines
- Assist with configuration of the database and continuous integration environments
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Supports database integration software (MYSQL, MS SQL, SQL, ORACLE, Power BI, NoSQL)
- Able to perform SQL searches to obtain data to support BCMCFL research activities
- Serve as an internal auditor on other BCMCFL research study files
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- University degree in a public health, social sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in public health programs, evaluation and operational research (TB/HIV experience desirable)
- Experience with data entry and quality assurance processes
- Experience with health data monitory and evaluation procedures
- 1 year prior experience in data management
- Fluency in English and Sesotho with strong report writing and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Competency with Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Competency in SQL
- Knowledge of other Database Languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in multicultural teams
- Experience with maintaining the principles of Good Clinical Practice in research
- Prior Experience with CDC as a research funder beneficial
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 1 July 2022. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be done through email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.