RTI International is seeking qualified candidates for data collection on a health information system assessment project. S/he will be responsible for collecting all relevant policy, reports and datasets on the ground, identifying the right stakeholders for discussions and for collecting all data from the health care facilities via phone and in person interviews. Will be responsible for data entry and basic analysis of all data.
- Meets regularly with supervisor to discuss project assignments.
- Performs routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the assessment activities of the project to which he/she is assigned.
- Attends project meetings.
- Assists in the acquisition of research materials from commercial suppliers, government counterparts or collaborating partners.
- Contributes to preparation of literature reviews.
- Supervises any temporary staff hired as data entry clerks.
- Schedules, organizes and reports on status of research activities.
- Research and collects data through defined techniques and procedures, library research, structured interviews or other project specific methodology.
- Organizes, maintains, and updates data repositories and relevant material.
- Support preparation of articles, reports, and presentations.
- Gathers and analyzes data.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred), or equivalent accreditation if a non-U.S. institution, in public health, health systems strengthening, health administration, or public policy with a focus on health systems, or closely related fields or a relevant area.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in a private or public entity implementing projects/programs that strengthened health systems, health service delivery.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a private or public entity collecting data, preferably from health care facilities.
- Experience interacting in a health care setting with medical professionals and experience with ICT.
- Knowledge of the policies, reports, and activities in Lesotho in the ICT realm including where data are housed, who the key stakeholders are, what programs are being implemented.
- Proven ability to ensure the team produces credible evidence in the data collection process.
- Strong capacity to multi-task, including managing, prioritizing and fulfilling competing demands in real time. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Knowledge of Sesotho language also required.
- Knowledge of data management and data dissemination and information use strategies.
- Experience managing research and implementation of health informatics related projects, using project management principles and best practices.
- Ability to work well remotely with team in the U.S. and other countries.
- Experience leading or supporting training and/or supportive supervision activities.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. For specific information on this program, please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs.