Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting a high-calibre graduate to join its team in Centurion, Gauteng. We are seeking a bright, ambitious Data Analyst who will sit alongside and support our market-leading research team spanning offices in Centurion, London, New York and Singapore.
You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing data and forecasts for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
Specialising in data sourcing and forecasting, your responsibilities will include :
- Efficiently gathering time series data and compiling it for use by analysts
- Forecasting time series data to support our analyst teams
- Working alongside our Sales team to explain our forecasting methodologies and promote our business development
- Working with the Head of Macro Intelligence Data to develop our product offering
You will receive extensive training in all areas of data analysis and forecasting with the help of our university training material and regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the Research team, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from your line manager and team members. Fitch also encourages external training by subsidising external courses, such as the CFA and relevant language classes.
Areas of focus include :
- Database Management
- Industry Data (e.g. Oil & Gas, Power and Mining)
- Political and Operational Risk
- Financial Markets
- Company Analysis
We are looking for candidates with a strong academic background and a keen interest in data, with prior understanding of basic macroeconomic principles and familiarity with world affairs.
Basic Requirements :
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in economics
- Applications from candidates with any background who have experience of working with economic or industry data would be welcomed.
- Keen interest in economics, global financial markets and world affairs.
- Strong Excel proficiency
Ideal Skills/Qualifications :
- Previous experience (academic or professional) in analysis and research of global markets, political risk and macroeconomics
- Experience with VBA for Excel and Python
- Language skills
- Prior work experience in related field (ideally private sector)
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.