World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3,5 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Air Liquide places diversity at the heart of its activities and is committed to promoting professional equality and employment for people with disability.
Missions and Responsibilities
- Arrange cylinders according to what are required:- cleaning, testing, repairs, painting, and medical repairs.
- Cylinders are maintained as per Q.A. Procedures for testing, painting, cleaning, medical repairs, repairs.
- All operations to be carried out in full safety.
- Air Liquide Q.A and Safety Policy to be adhered to.
- Housekeeping must be maintained to the highest degree.
- Any malfunction of equipment must be reported to the Supervisor.
- Covering of other colleagues as necessary.
- Rotate on shift basis as per Supervisor and roster.
- Ensure that all repairs / maintenance is carried out to Air Liquide standards.
- Spray paint cylinders according to Air Liquide colour / product standards.
- Clean cylinders manually with water, scraper, and brushes or with cylinder brush machine.
- Repair cylinder valves with spares from stores
- Replace cylinder valves if valve cannot be repaired as per instructions from Supervisor.
- Testing of High-Pressure/DA cylinders according to policy on cylinder test machine or for small cylinders by hand water test pump.
- Maintain adequate stock of material –if low inform Supervisor.
Competencies and Profile
- Education Matric plus CHEMOPS
- Technical / Production knowledge and experience
- Maintenance procedures / Production
Air Liquide embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to the achievement and maintenance of equal representation (gender, race and people living with disability) in its workforce profile. Skills development remains our key driver in upskilling the workforce. Appointments will be made based on performance and in line with the company’s employment equity plan and skills development objectives.