This is a remote position.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project planning, execution/control, and closeout. This includes managing: project issues, project risks, scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, and clients. More specifically:
- Leading and being part of the functional delivery team for various Dynamics projects
- Developing Project Plans, create status reports and administering project governance
- Managing client relationships
- Managing issues, risks, and change
- Ensuring Projects are delivered on schedule and on budget with an acceptable level of quality
- Ensuring each Project has a defined Scope and Requirements
- Assisting in the development, maintenance, and application of the Sopris Systems implementation methodology and other process improvement initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
#* % Responsibility *
- 75%: Project Management (as defined above) – managing 1-2 projects concurrently.
- 25%: Process Improvement – Evolving the Sopris Assurance methodology and/or leading other Sopris-internal process improvement projects.
Dependent upon project assignments, ~25% travel may be required.
No international travel is expected.
- Strong “solutioning” skills (merging client-stated needs with best practices and tool capabilities).
- Effective communication – both oral and written. Much of our work is done via Skype and phone calls.
- Leadership – serving as the project team “Champion”, moving barriers and establishing action plans for resolution of issues. Able to coach team members on plan of action.
- Able to Build Trust – Team members must always be able to count on you to behave with integrity.
- Results Oriented – Ensuring team actions are aligned with the need to deliver, solves problems, and escalates appropriately.
- Innovation – able to create tactical processes for the team.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
- 5 or more yrs. experience managing ERP-like (scope and magnitude).
- 5 or more years of demonstrated people and project leadership.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills regardless of the medium: in person, telephone or written.
Job Type: Full-time
- managing Dynamics AX or D365 project: 5 years (Required)