Category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full-Time
Customer Support Specialist
Are you a seasoned customer support professional who wants a job that serves a larger purpose? Are you interested in making a meaningful, life-changing difference for millions of students?
Digication is changing the way students learn from the ground up. Instead of rote learning through lectures and tests, Digication allows students to create online portfolios – collaborative and safe learning spaces – to encourage project-based learning. Campuses report that sustained ePortfolio usage leads to higher levels of student success, including significant increases in pass rates, GPA, and retention rates. Digication is now being used by students at over 6,000 K-12 and Higher Education schools.
About our culture
We work remotely and employees are spread around the globe but more importantly we work as a team, with direct access to the company founders. We are self motivated, hold ourselves accountable for our work and commitments. Although we work with a sense of urgency, we don’t like cutting corners. Integrity is more important for us then profitability (although we are profitable!). We are not a work hard/play hard startup but responsible adults with diverse backgrounds and interests who take our mission, our clients and our lives seriously. We value personal growth and learning over titles and salaries.
- We work as a team, with direct access to company founders as well as senior level engineers
- We love talking to customers
- We love solving problems for technical as well as non-technical end users
- We like to be mentors and mentees to our peers
- We work with a sense of urgency, but we don’t like cutting corners
- We are self motivated and passionate about learning
- We hold ourselves accountable for our work and commitments
Digication Customer Support Specialist
We are expanding our instructional technology team and are looking to add a valuable member to our team as a Customer Support Specialist to aid institutions in implementation and ongoing support.
We are looking for a high energy, enthusiastic individual who loves working with people and with technology to better education and enrich the lives of students, teachers and alumni. The position of Customer Support Specialist is vital to the success of each of the schools we work with through implementation and the development of long-term collaborative relationships.
You and your fellow Customer Support teammates will work together to provide coverage of our support desk. Your full-time regularly-scheduled work hours will be determined based on all team members’ availability and time zones. You can work your scheduled hours from anywhere with a consistent high-speed internet connection. Weekly Digication team meetings are required with this role, and additional team meetings and/or smaller group meetings may be needed to meet project goals. Otherwise your main role is working as part of the Customer Support team to ensure coverage of our online Support Desk, ZenDesk. We provide support to our customers 7 days a week, so some evening (depending on your time zone) and weekend hours will be required.
What does the Customer Support Specialist position entail?
- Respond and troubleshoot customer-generated tickets, calls, and emails with appropriate solutions
- Escalate urgent and complex issues to senior team members
- Assist with projects such as video editing, blogging, photo editing, documentation and training creation as projects arise and time allows
- Other duties as assigned
Pay and Perks
- Salary based on skill level and prior experience, $28,000 – $32,000/year
- As a full-time employee, you will be provided full health and dental coverage
- 401k plan
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement of up to $50.00/month
- Internet reimbursement
- Macbook and iPhone
- Remote position
- FitBit on request
Desired Skills and Experience
- Enthusiasm, energy, professionalism and the ability to work remotely with a fast-paced cooperative team
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in higher education required
- Experience with educational technology required
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills, both in-person, on the phone and via web conference
- Strong prioritization, organizational and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- Basic HTML skills preferred
- Familiarity with Digication a major plus
- Familiarity with Zoom, Asana, Slack, and Zendesk a plus
- Link to Digication ePortfolio required to complete application – we’ll provide you further instructions when you submit your application.
If you think you would be a great addition to our team please apply using the link below.