This role can be based in Wadeville, South Africa.
This role leads, develops and manages the Service Operations business in the Sub Sahara Africa for the EMEA Central services Oranisation.This includes PQ, PD Service Operation, Field Engineering and Service Cordination. Responsible for creating a compelling Service Value Proposition for African market and development of the Sub Sahara Africa supporting growth, innovation and profit plan requirements, whilst applying the Eaton standard work practices as defined by EBS and driving Eaton’s Zero Safety Culture. Looking to drive operational synergies between the Services operations from PD, PQ and other divisions that may become in scope.
- Ensure the highest level of safety standards are implemented and aligned with MESH, Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture as well as national guidelines and procedures.
- Management of Field Service Engineering teams. Ensure efficient utilisation of Engineer force, compliance to H&S regulations, Field Audits, Training and development.
- Develops, inspires, motivates and manages the team in line with the Eaton Leadership Model to achieve business goals.
- Drives Operational Standardization across the Cluster, including operational improvements in field engineering , back office functions and service coordination in the Cluster and Budapest BSC
- Act as senior escalation point for customer, technical and operational escalations, coordinating with available teams to resolves issues. Work needs to be coordinated with Points of Contact in the factories, technical teams and EMEA Services
- Facilate as applicable in the implementation and delivery of improved Field Service Systems
- Contribute to the EMEA Service Strategic Plan to ensure growth and sustained profitability in line with Eaton’s overall stategic goals – paritcularly focused on EMEA productivity expectations
- Defines performance metrics and evaluates and interprets data to drive performance improvement and productivity throughout the organisation.
- Interact with the EMEA Central Service Operation Manager on standards implementation, and participate in identifying, defining best practices and new standards
- Interact with other operational teams in the country (PD, LS) to identify and implement synergies.
What we are looking for:
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or business operations related or proven electrical industry experience.
- Proven track record in Operational Management minimum 5yrs, knowledge of field engineering services, experience in the electrical industrial
- LV and MV experience preferable
- Manager of people experience.
- Experience in Data Center or Oil and Gas industry preferable.
What we offer:
- At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry—a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
- Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time