The Customer Service and Dispatch Representative will act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems with accuracy and efficiency. ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction.
This position is primarily a customer service role dealing with customer and carriers that have loads moving with Armstrong Transport Group. Contact is over the phone and through email. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, with strong attention to detail and able to multi task. We do not require prior experience in transportation or tucking, we will teach these skills during on the job training.
- Assist carriers (trucking companies, rail providers, etc.) to get set up in Armstrong’s proprietary transportation management system.
- Respond to customers over the phone and email regarding the status of load. Alert them to any missing documents or information in order for them to be approved in ATG’s system.
- Continually tracking and tracing loads and relaying this information to customers.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Background in customer service; transportation industry knowledge is a plus but not required
- A customer-oriented attitude
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- High school degree
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
This position will pay between $16 -$20 per hour depending on experience.