- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science, Economics or Math background preferred
- 15+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT transformation experience in customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for a Principal Customer Practice Manager (CPM) who can lead a professional service practice and support significant customer programs during the solution and pursuit stages, develop a long-term Professional Services strategy and execute that strategy in partnership with enterprise customers.
The CPM is a trusted advisor for our customers and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in those accounts. Specifically, the Customer Practice Manager will partner with the aligned segment sales team to ensure coverage for and focus upon accounts to accelerate AWS and modernize its software services on the cloud.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Engage customers – collaborate with AWS sales and partner teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business and drive AWS adoption in a named customers
- Enable cloud transformation – develop long term Cloud Strategy with customers, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks
- Support the commercial relationship – plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
- Be an advocate – work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
- Think big – ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services. This is a customer facing role.
You may be required to travel to client locations to meet with stakeholders and deliver professional services when appropriate, sanctioned and safe.
About the team
The Nonprofits (NPO) Team serves not-for-profit organizations whose mission is for public or social benefit. This includes NGO, NPO, religious organizations and churches, research, membership organizations, trade associations, foundations, and technology companies where the majority of their business is targeted at non-profits (NPO-Tech). With this unique customer group, the purpose and process of our engagements differ from those of other teams. Since these organizations rely on donations or external funding to function, they allocate the majority of excess revenue to help their mission and not on new technologies.
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
- Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of cloud services and solutions
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
- International consulting or professional services sales and delivery experience with global F500 enterprise customers and partners
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications
- Designing, building, and operating global IT processes and infrastructures
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.