Home Local Jobs Credit Evaluation Manager Enterprise Banking at Standard Lesotho Bank
- To provide effective value adding risk management to the Bank in achieving their asset growth targets, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
- The delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles which supports the minimising of risk to the Bank. Such service to the business units also includes training & guidance with the provision of alternatives to maximize the required growth of the debtor book with sound & intuitive lending as well as to take timeous corrective action, minimising the probability of default and/or write-off where deterioration of circumstances has been identified.
- Evaluates, within delegated limits, whether proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, approve and recommends appropriate credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities, within agreed turnaround times.
- Issuing of sanction letters, clearly stating the conditions and requirements of the lending.
- Identifies, quantifies and evaluates sources of risk in relation to profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business Banking clients as a whole.
- Utilizes Industry risk analysis available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Ensure timely and quality credit assessment and decision are made.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Qualification ( BComm Accounting/Economics Degree, CA will be an added advantage) and then
- Minimum of 3-4 years Banking experience, Experience in credit Evaluation/Credit Analyst will be an added advantage.Banking experience, particularly pertaining to credit risk management, banking processes with regard to banking products and the operation thereof.
- Detailed understanding of accounting, including both management and financial accounting, in order to analyse the financial strength and weaknesses of clients, and identify potential risk to credit proposals.
- Thorough working knowledge of the operating system and its related procedures, for analysing the account behaviour of clients, identifying trends or shift in credit risk profiles and the management of excesses.
- Thorough understanding of all the bank’s product and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk, including their mechanisms and source of profitability for the client and the bank, and what constitutes credit risk in these facilities. Understand their terms of the facilities, and any conditions and covenants that will need to be complied with over the duration of the facility’s life, in order to manage risk within set parameters.