The Lesotho PostBank your only Basotho bank invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position:
Job Title : Credit and Models Auditor
Reports to : Internal Audit Manager
Location : Maseru
To provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s system of internal controls, governance and risk management processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs credit audits that provide an independent and objective evaluation of credit risk within the business and consumer lending portfolios;
• Provides an assessment of the accuracy and timeliness of credit quality risk ratings (Probability of Default and Loss Given Default) and the effectiveness of credit administration activities including risk analysis, portfolio monitoring, portfolio metrics, credit and portfolio quality, policy compliance, management information system data completeness and accuracy, and other credit risk servicing areas;
• Prepares a well-developed audit approach and documents high quality working papers for audits;
• Identifies risks, assesses mitigating controls, determine “root causes” and makes recommendations to improve the control environment;
• Prepares a quality and balanced audit report to specified standards, encapsulating the control weaknesses identified and results of audit work performed, with minimal editorial changes;
• Incorporates fundamental principles, key issues and controls themes emanating from other functional areas and assurance providers to ensure relevant & appropriate audit findings;
• Keeps abreast of emerging industry standards, best practices, industry challenges, upcoming legislation, operational requirements and technology changes related to the internal audit environment;
• Identifies opportunities for innovation in audit as well as client processes, and develops practical solutions to implement innovative practices;
• Follow-ups on open audit issues and their resolution;
• Participates in department-wide initiatives and perform other duties as assigned;
• Incorporates data analytics (DA) to enhance audit planning and create efficiencies in audit fieldwork.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Approximately 3 plus years of auditing credit or comparable experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field is required.
• Experience required in review of, or auditing of: credit analysis, credit review, credit risk management, and/or lending in a variety of industry types.
• Experience required with risk assessing credit portfolios and implementing or recommending process improvements to mitigate risks.
• Experience in banking and financial services environment will be an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Basic understanding of Credit Rating Model and Process.
• Good credit modelling skills and experience in the development, delivery and/or validation of credit risk models under one or more of the IFRS9, and forecasting/stress testing regimes.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring they are documented completely and accurately.
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
• Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive.
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
• Have a broad understanding of the Laws and Regulations impacting the credit business.
• Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative data, formulate sound conclusions, and make consultative recommendations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
Human Resources Department
Mafike House, 1st Floor,
The closing date for submission of applications is 21 February 2020.
Disclaimer: ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.