OFFICE: Ten Districts of Lesotho
REPORTS TO: Program Performance Improvement Officer (PPIO)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children and to help those already infected .With a growing global staff of over 1,000-nine of 10 who work in the field-the Foundation’s global mission is to implement comprehensive prevention ,care, and treatment; further advance innovative research ;and to executive strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (EGPAF)has worked in Lesotho since 2004 and with PEPFAR support, rapidly scaled up a district approach model for comprehensive HIV service delivery in all ten district and supported central-level activities in partnership with the MOH and local Civil Society Organization (CSOs).
Under the supervision of the PPIO, COVID-19 nurse will work with other health professionals and ensure that Basotho are vaccinated for COVID-19 as per the national plan for COVID-19 Vaccinations.
Working with other Health Facility staff under the guidance of the District Technical Advisor the COVID 19 nurse will:
- Work under the MOH District Public Health nurse and support the district in rolling out the COVID-19 vaccine at various service delivery points e.g. health facilities, outreaches including integrated facility outreaches, community ART distribution points (CAGs and home-delivery) and ports of entry
- Work with Record Assistants in ensuring proper record keeping and data reporting as per reporting guidance.
- Ensure timely COVID 19 report submission to the supervisor and program focal person
- Ensure PLHIV and TB patients are vaccinated against COVID-19
- Perform other duties as required by the Director of Programs, Associate TD, TD and Country Director
- Diploma in general nursing and midwifery
- Registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council as a Nurse Midwife
- Good report writing, training and computer skills
- Must have at least 1 year clinical work experience in HIV, TB/HIV collaborative activities and MCH services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good organizational, observation, communication and judgment skills
- Is self-directed with ability to work with supervision
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and project while working as a part of a team