Maluti Mountain Brewery is the biggest manufacturer of quality alcoholic beverages and soft drinks in Lesotho. The company subscribes to world class quality standards in manufacturing and distribution of its products. An opportunity exists for a talented individual who wish to develop a career in this exciting industry as a Country Procurement Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND OUTPUT
- Drive local and Regional implementation of Procurement enablers (People, Process, Technology)
- Drive identification and Implementation of local and Regional solutions (where applicable)
- Manage and develop the local Procurement Organization and drive continuous improvement of operations
- Assess impact of locally changing requirements including legislation and policies
- Position/Escalate country specific procurement requirements on a Regional level incl. changes of local legislations and policies
- Actively support roll-out of Procurement development initiatives within the country
- Support strong and robust procurement infrastructure aimed at optimising transnational purchasing activities, aligned with Regional infrastructure
- Develop and monitor the Procurement budget in the country; overseeing financial well-being thereof by analysing cost effectiveness and directing cost control activities; preparing, submitting and justifying budget enhancement requests and profit forecast; lead work on mitigation plans when/if purchase price variance against budget occur
- Accountable for monthly VILC variance and investigation.
- Establish local remedation plans to insure VILC and ZBB budget compliance Coordinate resource allocation to support Regional initiatives on a country level
- Lead and support strategic sourcing activities within the specific country
- Act as a change agent in leading implementation of new procurement initiatives.
- Act as facilitator In order to ensure local acceptance of new contracts
- Coordinate contract implementation of major contracts with Regional Procurement and Users.
- Ensure compliance with Responsible sourcing guidelines
- Identify and implement Responsible sourcing best practices.In line with defined procurement strategy, support the classification and categorisation of suppliers, including definition of supplier evaluation and audit policies
- Continuously track supplier performance (utilising data / reports provided by the Sourcing Analyst)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or commerce or supply chain Management ; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialized study; a recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience: In depth knowledge of procurement and relevant management experience (4-6 years) in the same functional domain or other related positions, preferably working in an international environment.
- Experience in FMCG industry
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to conceptualize business impact focus analytics
- Communicating effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, timely manner, providing Information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide candid conversations.
- Developing collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating other’s efforts.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple stake Iders
- Languages: English and Local language (If applied) as the working language, other languages are an advantage.
- Strong People skills;
- Analytical mindset driving improvements to processes
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or hand deliver to the Human Resource Offices on or before 13′ April 2018. Disclaimer: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.