About the Role:
The Country Manager in Lesotho will deliver a range of world-class credit bureau solutions to developing markets that empowers our clients to maximize the value of their customer relationships.
The role requires a driven, dynamic individual who will effectively live the company’s vision and mission to be the leading provider of credit bureau solutions. The Country Manager will be based in Lesotho, from where they will work closely with the South African team.
- To grow and manage the Credit Bureau in Lesotho
- To promote Experian as a leading business and sell and support relevant products and services to identified market sectors
- To develop and implement strategic sales plans, directing sales forecasting activities and setting performance goals accordingly
- To review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules, and ability to bundle products and solutions in a way that adds value to clients
- To develop and implement policies and procedures to manage the business
- Leading a small team of employees
- To manage key stakeholder relationships with specific emphasis on Central Bank of Lesotho, Courts of Lesotho, Ministry iof Finance, various Development partners
Candidate Profile (Requirements)
Key Function Skills:
- Drive and energy: The role requires the Country Manager to introduce new technologies and establish credibility in identified market verticals – leading to sales. By its very nature, the position would also require travelling across the country to effectively promote and support products and services.
- Initiative and responsibility: The ability to take initiative, to action goals and accept responsibility for the results.
- Indepenance: To work independently, without supervison and should be able to demonstrate this attribute from prior experience
- Influence: The ability to make an impact, to convince and persuade individuals and to promote plans and ideas successfully.
- Technical capability: The understanding of the relevance of credit data in identifying credit risk and the use of data analytics. Having the capability of selling financially orientated technical systems and platforms and the understanding of the concepts of datanalytics and credit scoring.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate Degree or similar
- Lesotho citizen
- Fluent in English & Sotho
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior sales position in the financial, credit management, banking or similar engagement role. Experience could pertain to an active role in a relevant industry association, consulting engagement to a financial institution, or the supply and support of software products related to the credit granting processes
- 2-3 Years experience in managing small teams.
- A good working knowledge of data and analytics and credit granting processes is advantageous. This knowledge could be gained through an engagement with lenders from banks, micro-finance, retail credit, or similar, and does not require an in-depth understanding of credit scoring or sophisticated credit management systems.
- A key requirement that will largely determine the candidate’s ability to successfully perform the role lies in his/her existing relationships or knowledge of the banking, micro-finance, telecommunications, utilities and retail sectors. If the above requirement is not met, we are seeking someone with the capability to quickly form such relationships based on his/her seniority and/or standing in their current industry.
- Basic and Commission structure for new and existing business to encourange renewal business.
- Override commission, ad hoc bonuses for achievers, and participation in International Sales competition for global elite sales champions.
- Car Allowance.
- All business fuel, cellphone and 3G data allowances.
- Reasonable client entertainment budget, at least four SA trips per annum to either Johannesburg or Cape Town.
- Job specific training plus employee personal development training in management fundamentals.