An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic, passionate and results driven individuals to join the Programs pillar which is involved in the full implementation of Higherlife Foundation (HLF) programming work in Education, Global Health, Rural Transformation and Sustainable livelihoods in Lesotho.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Regional Manager
• Responsible for the implementation of programming work in alignment with the strategy of HLF.
• Prepares the Annual Business Plans for the Lesotho and submits to Regional Manager for review.
• Develops the scholarship programmes and project documents and submits to the Regional Manager
• Develops and monitors’ the programs budgets.
• Monitors budgetary expenditure on all program activities.
• Receives and reviews activity plans monthly and ensures these are implemented by the country staff.
• Produces weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual programmes reports for submission to the Regional Manager.
• Accounting for the Social Business Unit’s activities to the executive and internal stakeholders.
• Develops guidelines for identification, selection, and recruitment of scholarship beneficiaries.
• Checks and approves expenditure on tuition, textbooks, allowances, and examination fees.
• Mobilises resources for psychosocial support programmes such as Nutrition Packs, Medical Support, and Counselling and ensures distribution to identified beneficiaries.
• Liaises with People and Performance to carryout ongoing evaluation of staff, identification of performance strengths and deficiencies, and organising for necessary action and on the job training.
• Ensures adherence to systems, policies & procedures.
• Coordinates and facilitates external evaluation of programmes and projects in liaison with Monitoring & Evaluation department.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Studies or equivalent.
• Possession of an MBA or equivalent an added advantage.
• 4-6 years’ post graduate experience in a Basic/Tertiary education environment.
• Good communication, report writing, financial analysis and presentation skills.
• Good analytical and change management skills.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Packages and knowledge of SPSS.
• Must have working knowledge of online training or learning management systems.
• Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage.
Click Job Application Form to start the application process
Go to Econet Careers to submit your cv and relevant documents
Closing date for all applications is 07 August 2021.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.