- To lead the development and implementation of the Brand & Marketing strategy in line with segment strategies to build the image and reputation of Standard Lesotho Bank and deliver commercial value.
- Collaborate and integrate Brand & Marketing with all segments and define processes and tools to make us win against competition.
- To outline approaches and key decisions around marketing and communication elements and resources, including identifying investment opportunities to optimize the budget.
- To lead the development of initiatives to deliver distinctive campaigns based on client insights and data analytics
Formulation and Effectively Drive Execution of Brand & Marketing Strategy
- Develops and implements the In-Country Brand & Marketing Function’s strategy that is aligned to the Group strategy, Group Brand & Marketing strategy, Segment strategies and Country strategy.
- Monitors and maintains adherence to the Group and In-Country Brand & Marketing strategy.
- Defines country processes for Brand & Marketing strategy development aligned to Group strategic processes and Segment strategic processes.
- Oversees the planning for Brand & Marketing activities in country.
- Execute against the annual marketing plan- marketing accountability to ensure that the marketing strategy and related campaigns deliver on sales and business objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the marketing initiatives against the Country strategy and segment strategies
- Engage with strategic partners by providing input into the development of new markets as well as new propositions within and outside of the Bank to ensure that all customer segments are adequately catered for.
- Provide the business segment with insights around the competitive positioning and develop action plans to differentiate offerings through marketing communication to draw a larger market share for the segments.
- Provide strategic direction to all third-party agencies working on the business units’ marketing e.g. Advertising, promotions, media agencies etc to effectively align outputs with the overall strategy and requirements of the area
- Prepares and monitors the Brand & Marketing function budget to support the strategy.
- Reports on Brand & Marketing budget on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor Marketing & Communications budget and efficiency targets In-Country.
- Monitor the financial and non-financial return on investment from the online and offline campaigns and other marketing initiatives by analysing the relevant data metrics to ensure that the marketing strategies are as financially viable as possible
Market Intelligence and Research
- Translate knowledge of the market and market research analysis into key insights to ensure relevant key messages and Brand & Marketing Strategies.
- Conducts research on market position of Standard Lesotho Bank against competition.
- Facilitates NPS and CSI surveys in country and interprets results into meaningful insights for the bank.
- Uses insights drawn from data to inform delivery of Brand & Marketing strategy
Projects & Initiatives Management
- Project manage programs and projects for brand, marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, events, direct marketing, sponsorships, and corporate social investment to ensure on-time, on-quality delivery, within budget and against set business objectives.
- Informs Enterprise and embedded Bl Brand & Marketing teams of plans
- Collaborate with Africa Regions Brand & Marketing and other country’s Head-Brand & Communication to optimise shared opportunities.
- Directs and oversees all functions comprising marketing communications including advertising, public relations, sales collateral, press releases, special events, market research, creative production, media planning, internal and external communication, sponsorships and all other marketing related activities.
- Position Standard Lesotho Bank as a leading financial services organization in Lesotho / manage the brand & reputation of the bank in Lesotho.
- Support the People and Culture function in the development and implementation of initiatives aimed at internal brand building – staff involvement and engagement with the brand.
- Champions customer-centricity throughout the business by supporting the business to build customer satisfaction and loyalty to drive retention.
- Drives consistent Standard Lesotho Bank brand experience across touch points In-Country through digital marketing.
- Develops and supports key client engagements and sales In-Country
Standards & Policies
- Ensures compliance to Group-wide corporate identity standards and visual standards.
- Ensures compliance to relevant Africa and Group-wide Brand & Marketing policies and processes and effectively manage risk.
- Defines Brand & Marketing measures required for tracking performance against the country strategy and the Group Brand and Marketing strategy.
- Amends Group policy for local regulatory requirements and context where necessary.
- Develops local Brand & Marketing policies on some issues, where required
- Effectively manage the relationship with media, sponsorship bodies, business partners, agencies, and marketing suppliers to ensure service delivery and value creation for the bank.
- Establishes and manages partnerships with all segments and corporate functions in the delivery of Marketing and Communications strategic initiatives.
Leadership and Culture
- Promotes an effective performance management culture – manage own personal and career development and that of staff in the division.
- Develop, upskill and optimize the capability and competency of the marketing function to deliver on the business strategy
- Manage the efficiency of the national marketing function. This includes people performance, management reporting, marketing metrics, evaluation of campaigns and projects, approval processes, budget management & marketing information systems.
- Coaches, mentors and upskills individuals by engaging with them to determine their aspirations and drive the attainment of these goals as far as possible within the Bank.
- Manages and reviews staff performance by setting standards, goals and targets to be achieved ensuring that individuals are motivated to achieve as well as know what they are being measured against.
Platform and Channel Management
- Develop and drive the overall Online Reputation Management Strategy for Standard Lesotho Bank aligning it to all country business aspirations and play an integral strategic and operational role in managing reputational issues and crises on social and online media
- Provide strategic direction to any agencies working on the social media strategies for Standard Lesotho Bank.
- Ensure that all our web platforms are managed consistently and optimally and deliver against required business outcomes.
- Accelerate innovation within Brand and Marketing by partnering with all parts of the business where necessary.
- Ensure that Group technologies and platforms, processes and toolkits are leveraged to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensure that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are in place in order to manage digital and social media platforms appropriately and that all governance aligns with the Banks policies and guidelines
- Partner with Compliance to ensure that all activities are compliant with regulatory frameworks
· Prepares and monitors the Brand & Marketing function budget to support the strategy.
· Reports on Brand & Marketing budget on a quarterly basis.
· Monitor Marketing & Communications budget and efficiency targets In-Country.Monitor the financial and non-financial return on investment from the online and offline campaigns and other marketing initiatives by analysing the relevant data metrics to ensure that the marketing strategies are as financially viable as possible
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Preferably, Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing Management, Commerce, Communications, or Business administration
- 10 years’ experience in marketing and communications role of which 5 years’ should be senior level in a marketing, advertising, or communications.
- Preferably have exposure to working in multi-national organizations
- Experience in working with and managing relationships with management and executive teams, and stakeholders.
- Experience in working with and in cross-functional team Banking or financial services experience is an added advantage
- Experience in budget management
- 10 years’ experience in marketing and communications role. At least 2 years should be at an executive or general management level.
- Experience in financial services would be beneficial
- Experience in managing a team of professionals
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in working in a multi-national company with a global brand would be beneficial
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment.