All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of Cost Accountant on or before the 21 February 2020.
Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application For Cost Accountant Position OR hand delivered to SMD Maseru Office, 15 UN Road, Sentinel Office Park. The position is based at SMD Mine, Kao.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• B. Com Accounting or Equivalent
• 3 Years’ Relevant Experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Develop standard cost data and accurate inventory valuations.
• Apply principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems:
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
• May develop and install manual or computer-based cost accounting system.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Analyze and review budgets and expenditures.
• Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
• Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
• Manage and control the utilisation of funds to ensure adherence to approved budgeted expenditure.
• Provides information on product costs, product profitability, a division’s profitability, budgets and variants from these budgets, on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Produce reports to highlight under-utilization of a plant, low productivity, the cost of holding excessive materials, stocks and the effect of adding new products or dropping existing products from the range
• Provide figures and financial advice on such things as new processes, expansion of the plant, new products and the acquisition of new machinery and equipment.
• Perform advanced cost-accounting work covering material and production costs, costs of sales, research and product development, etc.
• Compare actual costs to estimates and analyse variances.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Understanding and application of rules and regulations of general accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including • Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Highly computer literate
• Aptitude for and interest in figures and bookkeeping
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Understanding the impact factors such as cost of raw materials, labour, transport, overheads and the like
• Preparation of budgets
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.