Founded in 1984, JAM currently feeds and serves approximately 1,2
million beneficiaries in Angola, Mozambique, Rwanda, South Sudan,
Uganda, Sierra Leone and South Africa. In South Africa, our Early
Childhood Development (ECD) feeding programmes reach
approximately 120 000 pre-school children in 3 000 centres. We
operate in all nine provinces, providing children with a highly nutritious
meal every school day.
Purpose of the job
The Corporate Fundraiser will identify, nurture, enrol and develop companies and institutions in South Africa and others in the rest of the world who have an affinity for South Africa.
Key performance Indicators Weight
Strategic Fundraising Planning & Management
Achieves corporate fundraising operational objectives by contributing corporate marketing and fundraising information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets corporate fundraising financial objectives by raising at minimum 10x their total cost to company.
- Identifies corporate targets and the appropriate senior executives and HR / CSI / CSR individuals within companies.
- Nurtures these contacts to acquire funding.
- Develops and grows corporate funding
- Determines annual corporate fundraising plans by forecasting and developing annual fundraising quotas for regions; projecting expected fundraising volume for existing and new products; analysing trends and results; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes corporate fundraising objectives by planning, developing and implementing field sales action plans.
- Sustains rapport with corporate donors and prospective donors by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends.
- Protects organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Establishing the JAM brand within the corporate sector
· Develop and manage the annual corporate fundraising budget for JAMSA.
· Develop corporate fundraising acquisition targets and implementation.
· Provide monthly corporate fundraising report
Marketing and Sales Materials
· Develop corporate fundraising materials.
· Edit and proofread and sign off all materials in accordance with specific donor requirements.
· Work on all production of audio visual, print and collateral campaigns.
· Work with JAM SA offices, and where needed, JAM affiliate offices, to implement effective corporate donor contact system and reporting outlines.**
· Develop and oversee corporate database that includes prospect and donor information.
· Prepare corporate donor reports in accordance with donor requirements and oversee to completion.
You may be required to perform duties not specifically stated in your job description from time to time provided that such duties are related to JAM operations.
· Languages: English is essential
· Computer literacy.
· Sales driven
· Detailed orientated with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and ability to conceive JAM’s vision and passion.
· Strong and effective communications, both oral and written.
· Self-starter with hands-on approach.
· Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work late hours to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to travel locally when necessary.
· Ability to inspire, encourage, train and motivate your team and work colleagues.
· Marketing Concepts
· People Management with an emphasis on establishing, developing and maintaining strong credible relationships with corporates
· Sales and fundraising Planning
· Competitive Analysis
· Understanding the Customer
· Client Relationships
· Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree with experience in fundraising, sales and marketing
· Valid driver’s license
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior position in the marketing and fundraising field
Limits of authority
· Authority is limited to the tasks described above. Any variation requires supervisory approval.
Please submit a cover letter, and CV to [email protected] by the 28th January 2021 or earlier.**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.