Contract length: 1 year or open ended
Hours: Full time
Location: Home-based, available GMT (UTC±0) core working hours
Reporting to: Fundraising and Strategic Partnerships Director
Remuneration: 2,700- 3,200 USD/month
Deadline for applications: 2 January 2024
CLEAR Global is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays
- the flexibility of home-based/remote work
CLEAR Global is looking to further develop its fundraising expertise to drive the organization toward greater financial sustainability to better achieve our mission to support speakers of marginalized languages.
CLEAR Global is at a pivotal moment in its history and is looking for someone who is proactive, hands-on, enthusiastic, and ambitious. As the Corporate and Individual Giving Officer, you will lead on the securing of the unrestricted income, by driving the strategy, growth and satisfaction of the corporate and sponsorship partners. You’ll have sound ability and the skill to attract major funders, using your existing contacts and quickly establishing new ones. You believe technology can work to really help people in need and you thrive in dynamic, innovative, fast-moving environments. You will write and submit fundraising asks and support CLEAR Global to build relationships with funders, working closely with the leadership.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record with corporate and foundation fundraising, experience in the humanitarian or development sectors, and a knack for understanding what motivates people. The successful candidate will be a dynamic team player, proactive with the ability to take structured guidance and able to ensure that their work fits with priorities for the organization.
- Strategy: Develop and execute a growth strategy to generate income from corporate partners such as global companies, trusts, and foundations and supporters.
- Relationship Management: Manage relationships with current and prospective global companies, trusts, foundations and supporters, fostering collaboration.
- Proposal Development: Develop customized pitches, bids, profiles, and marketing collateral, geared to global companies, trusts, foundations and supporters, ensuring alignment with CLEAR Global strategic goals.
- Donation Cycle Management: Engage in all aspects of the funding cycle, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Campaigns: Lead the ideation and implementation of campaigns and engagement with global companies, trusts, foundations and high net worth individuals
- Data Management and Reporting: Maintain accurate donor data in the CRM system and use this to develop and share analytical reports for decision making
- Partnership Promotion and Financial Coordination: Work with the Communications Team to profile key partnerships through web stories, social media features, and other promotional avenues, and with the Finance team for timely disbursement of funds.
- Sponsorship Experience: grow the individual giving income by increasing the acquisition of new and retention of existing CLEAR Global sponsors.
You will need to have expertise in delivering a growth strategy and a thorough knowledge of fundraising, within the context of the international development sector. You will have experience working with global companies, trusts, foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, international relations, or development
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising techniques, with a proven track record of raising revenue (6 and 7 figures) from global companies, trusts, foundations and supporters.
- Experience using CRM and communications tools, such as Hubspot, Salesforce, WordPress, MailChimp, design programs, and cloud software.
- Experience with capital and multi-year fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills. A writing sample will be required.
- Strong people skills, attention to detail, negotiating and influencing skills
- Familiarity with unrestricted funding streams and fundraising strategies.
- Resourceful, creative and able to take initiative.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheets and data management.
- Demonstrated interest in language, and commitment to CLEAR Global’s values.
- International experience.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, Hausa, Swahili
- Experience with high net worth individuals, and individual giving is an added advantage.
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 100,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.