Cornerstone Institute was founded in 1970 on the Cape Flats at a time when prospective black theologians were excluded from attending universities due to the oppressive laws of the former regime. As the Cape Evangelical Bible Institute, it provided theological education for unqualified pastors on the Cape Flats.
Cornerstone Institute seeks to appoint a Programmes Head – Sociology & Community Development, to be based in Cape Town.
Reports to: Dean
The purpose of the position is to project manage and coordinate the material development, delivery, including delivery of learn modules in collaboration with faculties, learning and development team and other relevant teams.
- NQF Level 9 and above tertiary qualification, with PHD (a preference)
- Minimum 3years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent administrative and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and planning skills
- Highly competent in computer skills (advanced level)
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and business writing communication skills
- Previous HR and Finance (budgeting) experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Ability to think strategically, work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner
- Programme Management – Delivery
- Manages the delivery of programme materials, assessments, moderations and other programme specific material, in conjunction with (pls add)
- Serve on the qualification / programme “project board” to identify and manage delivery requirements.
- Coordinate the compilation of module outlines
- Monitor and coordinate the delivery of modules from an operational perspective.
- Work with stakeholders on finalising the textbook list, faculty board agenda items and other governance aspects that may arise.
- Be proactive in the early detection and interventions related to risks associated to programme delivery.
- Manage the academic structure (FUNDA) to accurately reflect any changes / updates that may be required
- Programme Management – Administration, communication and compliance
- Manages communication on xxx to ensure alignment with and consistent interpretation of policy.
- Participates in Faculty Board meetings to discuss changes and contributes to decisions on changes for various programmes.
- Ensure that Faculty Board items / decisions are communicated to all stakeholders e.g. Library, OLT and Learning Divisions for implementation and where appropriate action implementation such as updating of the FUNDA
- Communicate with faculties and operational teams regarding changes in programme requirements.
- Compile various key documents such as external moderations lists and reports, assignments for plagiarism detection tool etc.
- Assist in responding to graduation verification queries related to programme / qualification design, changes etc.
- Make sure that most up to date lists e.g. parent / child, technical waivers etc. are available internally and at brands where applicable.
- Work with the registrars’ office on the accuracy of marketing material for qualifications responsible for.
- Organise, plan, contribute to and finalise Programme Coordination Committee meetings.
- Quality check and map internal and external credits – updating of precedent list accordingly.
- Other functions and duties:
- Contribute to the improvement of systems and processes where possible.
- Assists with the development, implementation, monitoring and refining of delivery and administration processes and systems.
- Manage relationships with business and internal stakeholders.
- Build a high-performance culture in the programmes team.
- Attend/participate in Academic Governance Meetings.
- Attend and contribute to operational meetings as required.
- Provide thought Leadership
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]cornerstone.ac.za. In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post. Also please inform your current manager of your interest in applying for this role.
External Applications will be done the same done as internal applications.
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to https://cornerstone.ac.za/