The National AIDS Commission has been mandated to develop and coordinate policies, strategies and programmes for combating, containing and ending AIDS in Lesotho by 2030. As an Employer of choice, we are committed to foster inclusiveness, respect for our Employees and their diversity, to inspire innovation and to encourage work/life balance. We now seek, on a five-year, renewable contract basis, a:
COORDINATION, POLICY & STRATEGY MANAGER
Ref: HR /ADVERTS NO: 02/OF/21
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, the Coordination, Policy & Strategy Manager’s role shall be to ensure effective and efficient policy formulation, strategic planning, programming and coordination of high impact interventions of the National Multi-Sectoral HIV and AIDS Response.
The incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the respective Sectors and Agencies, coordinate the development, review of Legislations, Protocols and Guidelines to ensure alignment with National policies, legal frameworks and practices.
- Periodically coordinate a participatory process to review and set National Priorities and targets for the HIV/AIDS response, and advice Partners on such targets.
- To ensure alignment of the National HIV/AIDS response to emerging Regional and International Commitments including the UN Sustainable Development Goals; the UNAIDS 95-95-95 agenda, and the use of ARV drugs for treatment and HIV Prevention among others.
- To manage the coordination of the Government Ministries and other Stakeholders in their effort to harmonise and align their HIV and AIDS Strategies with National Strategies and International best practices.
- To Facilitate the development and coordination of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances, promote Good Governance, Leadership and Accountability by all Leaders and Stakeholders necessary to support efficient and effective service delivery in the context of the National Multi-Sectoral HIV and AIDS response.
- To provide strategic leadership and guidance for the joint and participatory review, planning and programming of the National Multi-Sectoral and decentralised HIV/AIDS response.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Public Health/ Healthcare Management/Masters in Development Studies/
- OR MBA in Project Management/ OR
- Master’s Degree in Law. with Human Rights as an added advantage
- Five years’ work experience at a Managerial level and three of which in a HIV & AIDS Environment
- Extensive and verifiable experience in Policy Formulation, Programme Planning and Programming,
- Experience in Results Based Management practices, Investment Framework, Human Rights approaches to programming
- Verifiable experience in Development Partners Programming Frameworks and approaches
- Familiarity with the current and emerging Global Agenda and trends in HIV/AIDS response, including the implications on sustainable development goals.
Competencies and character traits:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations
- Excellent Computer skills & Web skills
- Excellent Writing and Reporting skills
Detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivated application letter and certified copies of all certificates MUST be send to; The Chief Executive, National AIDS Commission at; [email protected] OR hand deliver at Mafatle Office Complex Opposite Anglican Church Maseru West on or before the 31st August 2021 at 4pm. For more information, please visit the NAC website ; www.nac.org.ls or contact Human Resources at 22326794
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.