Consultant-Communication Strategy (121927)
WFP Lesotho seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University Degree in Communications, Media Practioner, Social Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Social/Human Sciences, Public Health, or related field with proven experience in the field of Communication for Development, health education/promotion, community mobilization, social marketing, participatory communication, new technologies and research.
Experience: At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries -preferably in Lesotho, the SADC region or Sub-Saharan Africa, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication processes to specific programmesORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
Working closely with various Government structures, the consultant shall report to the Adaptation Fund Project Coordinator. JOB PURPOSE
Working closely with various Government structures; the Ministry of Energy -Meteorological department (LMS), Ministry of Forestry and Land Reclamation, Ministry of Education and Training – the Curriculum Development Unit and WFP coordination, the consultant is required to facilitate a government-led, multi-sectoral and participatory process to develop the Advocacy and Communication Strategy on Climate change including communication packages that are gender, Nutrition and HIV sensitive targeting different audience. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Conduct a desk review of available documents and evidence on climate change landscape, barriers towards adoption of adaptation and mitigation actions needed to address climate change, previous KAP studies, different communication strategies/packages employed in the country/within the SADC region by different entities and other relevant documentation.
- Conduct formative research through use of qualitative and quantitative approaches to better understand beliefs, attitudes, and intention underlying behaviors, as well as the limiting or facilitating factors for engaging in a desired adaptative behavior
- Develop the Advocacy and Communication Strategy on Climate change and Implementation Plan through a consultative process and facilitate its validation
- Develop all necessary materials targeting different audience and other key stakeholder
- Lead the development of communication tools including advocacy messages, that are evidence based tailored to each identified target groups and the expected outcomes, emphasizing on links to climate change issues to agriculture, nutrition, gender, social protection, health etc.) sectors;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESFUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills,
- Full computer literacy, including knowledge of relevant software
- Experience in team work in culturally diverse contexts.
- Ability to complete the tasks in a tight schedule and with limited supervision
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTSDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLETERMS AND CONDITIONSDEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission is 27 May 2020