TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR REVIEWING, EDITING, PROOF READING AND FINALIZING THE DRAFT NATIONAL GUIDELINES ON HIV PREVENTION, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND CARE FOR KEY POPULATIONS
Pact Lesotho, under the technical guidance of FHI 360, and the support from the Pact head office based in Washington DC, is implementing the key populations (KP) HIV prevention and care program funded under the Key Populations Investment Fund (KPIF). The KPIF-supported program in Lesotho aims to strengthen the HIV prevention and care interventions for KP through: 1) enhancing the capacity of the KP-led and KP-competent organizations to plan, deliver, and optimize HIV prevention, care and treatment services to KPs and to increase the number of KP organizations that will fit into the local partnership strategy by 2020; and, 2) to improve delivery and expansion of KP-competent services across the HIV prevention, care and treatment continuum in three districts of Maseru, Berea and Leribe.
- Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to engage an individual consultant, who will work under the guidance and supervision of the Ministry of Health, Directorate of Disease Control, and in consultation with the National KP HIV Prevention, Care and Support TWG, to review, edit, proof read, and finalize the 29-paged draft national guidelines on HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for key populations.
- Scope of Work and Tasks of the Assignment
The consultant is expected to lead and to undertake the review, editing, proof reading and finalization of the national guidelines on HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for key populations. The specific tasks should include the following:
- Carry out the initial consultations with the Director Disease Control, the KP HIV Prevention, Care and Support TWG and Pact Lesotho to understand the expectations and the requirements of the assignment;
- Review and undertake detailed editing of the 29 paged documents of the draft national guidelines. This should include the following:
- Undertake final editing, proof reading of the document.
- Submit a draft edited document for review and inputs.
- Undertake final editing of the document to incorporate comments and inputs from the Ministry of Health and the KP TWG members and submit a final document as a PDF file as well as in an editable and printable format (e.g. Ms. Word).
- Expected Deliverables
The expected deliverables are follows:
- 1st draft document of the reviewed national guidelines (electronic copy in editable format)
- Final document of the reviewed national guidelines (electronic copies both in PDF and editable and printable formats e.g. MS. Word).
- Timing and Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is expected to be implemented within a period not exceeding ten (10) work days, spread over six weeks between January and February 2020. The indicative timelines are as follows:
- Review and editing of the draft national guidelines on HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for key populations – 5 work days.
- Final editing and proof reading of the document and submission of a draft document for review and inputs – 2 days.
- Final editing of the document to incorporate comments and inputs and submit a final document as a PDF file as well as in an editable and printable format (e.g. Ms. Word) – 3 work days.
The successful individual consultant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director Disease Control, Ministry of Health, and in consultation with the National KP HIV Prevention, Care and Support Technical Working Group. The LINKAGES Lesotho Project Director will be responsible for administering the contract.
- Consultant’s Eligibility
The consultant should meet the following requirements:
- Must hold a postgraduate degree in medical and/or health sciences or other relevant qualifications;
- Experience of 5 years or more in public health, particularly in HIV and AIDS programs. Demonstrated technical expertise and a good understanding of HIV and AIDS, and integrated SRHR issues specific to key populations will be an added advantage.
- Experience of 5 years of more in communication and writing, including experience in drafting or copy-editing of strategic document such as strategic plans, guidelines, public policies etc. The consultant must submit at least two samples of recent work for similar work done to demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of the assignment;
- Proven experience working with a wide range of partners and reaching consensus and accommodating their critical inputs into the process; and
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Application Submission Requirements
Interested individual consultants are requested to submit their application to [email protected] or hand deliver at Pact Lesotho Offices located at 4th Floor, MGC Office Park, Corner Mpilo Boulevard and Pope John Paul II Road, Maseru, by Friday, January 10, 2020.
The applications should include the following:
- A cover letter;
- A detailed CV indicating qualifications and relevant experience of the consultant;
- A proposal indicating the description of the proposed approach to the scope of work, work plan with timelines and a detailed financial proposal (inclusive of VAT); and,
- Two sample(s) of recent written work from a similar assignment.
Full terms of reference can be collected at Pact Lesotho Offices.
NB: Consultants who have already submitted applications are not expected to re-apply.