Indicative starting date: 13/01/2019
Mid-Term Evaluation for Strengthening Governance of Social Protection in Lesotho: Building an Integrated Social Protection System – EVAL Module Ref. 2019-M-1692
The objective of this mid-term review is to provide the NISSA stakeholders, notably the EU Delegation (EUD), The Ministry of Social Development (MoSD), UNICEF and the members of the NISSA National Steering Committee, with evidence to make an informed judgement about the past performance of the project, to document lessons learnt and to recommend possible adjustments or re-orientation for the remaining period of the project implementation.
The assignment will therefore review the Social Protection programme in light of the following objectives:
- To assess the programme against the evaluation criteria (relevance, effectiveness, impact, efficiency, sustainability);
- To assess lessons learnt and recommendations for the rest of the implementation period.
Profiles: 2 experts – category II
(40 working days)
Minimum requirements of the team:
The following expertise should be adequately covered by the proposed experts.
Qualifications and skills
Education at least Master’s Degree Academic level, or, in its absence, equivalent professional experience of more than six (6) years in Social or Development Studies.
General professional experience
At least 6 years’ experience in design, management and professional evaluation of social protection projects involving public sectors, preferably in Africa.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in undertaking cost-benefit analysis in the social protection programmes;
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing and advising multi-sector international teams;
- At least 3 years demonstrable technical and institutional knowledge of social protection safety nets in developing countries;
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in social protection initiatives in the Southern Africa region.
Language skills of the team
English: both team members shall possess at least a level B2 expertise.