Lesotho Electricity Generation Company (LEGCO) is a statutory body registered under Companies Act of 2011 registration number 70536 to manage electricity generation in Lesotho. The mandate of LEGCO is to ensure that Lesotho is self sufficient in its power supply, starting with solar generation plant at Ha-Ramarothole Mafeteng. LEGCO invites applications for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions on a fixed term contract;
- Construction Supervisor, Civil and Structural Works
Reporting to the CEO – LEGCO, the job purpose is to supervise civil works at Ramarothole construction site, identify construction risks and prepare reports thereof, evaluation and approval of implementation plans. Furthermore, achieve overall effective site administration, management and reporting of project performance underpinned by managing implementation costs, quality, safety, compliance. Additionally, advance project conformity to build safe working environment, technical review of proposed designs, new building structures and built environment surroundings, and issue as-built drawings and specifications to ensure maintenance conformity with property related to civil and structural engineering aspects. The specific activities are stated below.
- Oversee and direct construction from commencement to completion by;
- Review the project scheduled deliverables and costs estimates
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory, meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Be an effective Communicator
- Display creativity and innovation
- Be a team player assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering Construction or similar. Driver’s Licence – Code B.
A minimum ten (10) years total experience, five (5) years in contract management.
Applications with certified copies of educational certificates and CVs bearing two references from previous employers should be hand delivered to:
Human Resources Office
Ministry of Energy and Meteorology
80 Constitution Road, Government Complex Maseru.
Closing Date: 09th April 2021
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.