POST TITLE: Computer Systems Engineering Lecturer I
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : ACADEMIC – SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROGRAMME
Under general supervision of the Head of Programme, the Lecturer I is responsible for teaching and monitoring of students as well as monitoring them on industrial attachment. Conducts curriculum review, internal examination moderation, research and also assists in the overall development of the Programme.
The key duties of the post are as follows :-
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials, delivers lectures and/or conducts practicals for 20 to 24 hours per week
- Assists the Head of Programme for the development of the Programme.
- Conducts tests and examinations for assessments and keep updated records.
- Facilitates departmental community engagement projects.
- Assistance with administrative and other duties as prescribed by the Head of Programme or Representative as delegated.
- Facilitates and conducts departmental research and publications
- Contributes in the internal moderation of examination papers.
- Prepares lesson plans, lesson notes, marking schemes, record of work and record of assessments for the subjects taught for future reference.
- Prepares, conduct and assesses theoretical and practical lessons to ensure effective training.
- Participates in internal moderation panel and curriculum review exercise for quantity assurance and effective training programmes.
- Monitors students on industrial attachment to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Attend meetings relevant to his/her section, for information dissemination.
- Participates in his/her field of study for the development and recognition of the institution.
NB*Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
- Minimum of two (2) years Teaching or Industrial Experience.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience at a tertiary institution will be added advantage.
- First Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to work with students from different backgrounds.
- Be willing to supervise students for activities outside of class like sport
- M – Tech in Computer Systems Engineering.
- M – Eng in Computer Engineering.
- Msc in Electrical & Computer Engineering.
- Mcs in Computer Science
Should be capable to Lecture:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Object Oriented Programming
- Structured Programming
- Visual Programming
- Web Design and Development
- Advanced Database
- Operating systems and Networks
Knowledge and skills Required:
- Good Communication Skills
- Computer literacy
- Good interpersonal Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 11th FEBRUARY, 2022 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16