ExpressCredit is a global consumer finance company operating in Lesotho and 4 surrounding countries, including Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, and Malawi. Our company helps individuals in a need of short-term and long-term financial solutions – all of which make a meaningful and lasting impact on the local communities.
Since 2018, ExpressCredit has more than tripled its global operations and grown to over 1000 employees worldwide. If you want to work for a dynamic, forward-thinking and socially responsible financial services provider we are the right match for you!
To learn more about ExpressCredit, visit: https://www.expresscredit.co.ls/
ExpressCredit – one team with one dream to bring an added value to all our clients in Africa!
- Responsible for reviewing and exiting Clients according to established AML laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well to review Client’s transactions to detect and report unusual transactions
- Document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities of Clients for Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers
- Periodically review compliance, AML policies and procedures, update them accordingly, draft new procedures or policies where necessary to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, and inform all departments
- Investigating high risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete the client file
- To provide legal advice and draft legal documents as may be required by the Employer and/or the Group. This includes the interpretation of laws, regulations, rulings and judgments, as appropriate to licensable activities
- To assist the Employer for matters relating to compliance and ensure processes and procedures are adequately documented, ensuring that the Employer meets its legal and compliance obligations, both those arising from local legislation as well as from binding international Directives and Regulations
- To research, analyse and provide advice to the Employer on the implications of any regulations, guidelines and directives that may be relevant to the Employer, indicating the necessary steps for their proper implementation
- Oversee local requirements relating to national law, practices, regulatory requirements of countries of the Employer’s operation and ensure that all business practices conducted comply with such requirements
- Perform other duties requested by the manager, which are related to this position and which meet the qualifications.
- Owner’s mindset in working environment with high responsibility level
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB Degree or equivalent
- 2 years working experience within legal or compliance sector
- Knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Strong analytical skills, ability to provide unstandardized solutions
- Readiness to work independently
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- English and Sesotho language on a proficient level both verbal and written