Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned position. It is a 3 year performance based contract. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the governance framework, being responsible for the provision of efficient Secretarial, administrative and advisory support to the LEC Board of Directors and its committees, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensuring the implementation of the decisions made by the Board of Directors. The position is tenable at the Head Office in Maseru & the incumbent will report functionally to the Board and administratively to the Managing Director.
– The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor of Laws Degree, or alternatively, be a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or an equivalent recognized body with a degree in business, accounting or law from a recognised tertiary institution.
Experience & other Requirements:
– 5 years’ relevant Board experience, with atleast 3 years at senior level within a comparable organization
– High level of integrity, computer literacy, research skills, and a sound command of written and spoken English
– Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
– Ability to take initiative and work independently when necessary, and to keep information confidential at all times
– Strong organizational skills, and must be detail and deadline orientated.
Key Performance Areas:
– Providing advice to LEC Board of Directors and its Committees to ensure good governance, and to ensure the Board and the Company’s compliance with King IV & International best practices on corporate governance, relevant governance codes, and all other statutes that have direct or indirect bearing on the business of the company
– Ensuring that minutes of all shareholder meetings, board meetings and the meetings og any committees of the Directors are properly recorded and keeping or arranging for the keeping of copies of all members resolutions and minutes of all proceedings and general meetings
– serving as the custodian of all pertinent LEC company records, and ensuring that these are available for inspection as required
– Maintaining the statutory registers and ensuring that the company files statutory and regulatory information promptly
– Facilitating and supporting the induction and training for the board and the board’s regular evaluation of its own effectiveness
– Playing a leading role in the annual report project, drafting governance sections and all ancillary documents for any general meetings.
Interested candidates must submit their application, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly stating the position the candidate is applying for, for the attention of the Acting Managing Director, P.O.Box 423, Maseru 100 and deposit these at the LEC Head Office or email to [email protected]
Closing date 14 August 2020
References should be made to ECS:CSD 195 on all applications