Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a Media marketing and Fundraising Executive to be based in Stellenbosch, Western Cape.
- Research and develop innovative marketing- and leading-edge best practices
- Actively fundraise and mobilise resources (both national and international), against agreed targets, to support the activities of the organisation
- Compile persuasive concept notes, project ideas and project proposals, based on the priorities of the organisation and ensure their timely submission
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations
- Present monthly reports to management
- Maintain and foster donor relationships with regular communications and reports
- Assist with identification of cause-related marketing opportunities
- Coordinate special events and campaigns
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term organisational sustainability
- Attend all Community Keepers functions to network
- Manage and expand the on-line and printed media presence of the organisation
- Marketing and or Communications qualifications
- Writing skills
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years’ fundraising experience in the NGO sector
- Strong technical management of philanthropic fundraising techniques: direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, major donor recruitment, legacy programmes and special events campaigns
- An understanding of psychosocial interventions in the child and youth development sector
- Digital literacy and ability to work with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply, submit a CV (maximum of two pages) with three contactable referees and a motivational letter (maximum of one page) to [email protected] with “Media marketing and fundraising executive” in the subject line. In the motivational letter, state why you want to work for Community Keepers and explain why you are a suitable candidate
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about Community Keepers, refer to www.communitykeepers.org