Jhpiego is a non-profit organization, operating in Lesotho since 2012 through supporting the government of Lesotho in delivering health services to the Basotho people. Jhpiego’s portfolio currently focuses on HIV/TB and COVID epidemic response and includes a range of HIV and COVID focused programming and research efforts including Khanya (VMMC and PrEP), Thebe (TB Contact Tracing and COVID Response), RISE (COVID Case Management and Vaccine Support), MOSAIC (biomedical HIV prevention including Dapivirine Ring Introduction), CUT-TB (RCT) and various other small studies.
Jhpiego is looking for suitable candidates for the below vacant positions;
Job Title: Community Engagement Lead (1)
• Leads development of civil society engagement and advocacy strategy for Lesotho, addressing gender integration and youth engagement priorities in alignment with MOSAIC global and regional plans
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Lesotho management and technical team to connect advocacy partners and coordinate synergistic advocacy activities
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Lesotho management and technical team to lead and oversee development and implementation of community engagement plan, including to identify, coordinate, and collaborate with local organizations and civil society groups as partners that support and facilitate access to new HIV prevention interventions
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Lesotho management and technical team to identify civil society priorities for growth and knowledge building: developing a capacity strengthening framework, conducting participatory capacity assessments of local partners, and providing training, mentoring and technical assistance to local partners
• Leads project reporting ef orts related to local partner capacity strengthening including tracking of progress towards organizational plans and assessing quality and effectiveness of capacity strengthening activities, and documenting and disseminating capacity strengthening results and lessons learned
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Lesotho’s management and technical team to support gender integration, meaningful youth engagement and engagement of civil society in design and initiation of implementation studies for biomedical HIV prevention products
• Mobilizes civil society actors for key events and conferences
• Supports the establishment of structures to support meaningful gender integration and youth engagement within Lesotho under MOSAIC
• Builds HIV prevention ambassador pool including youth and key populations
• Collaborates with MEL team to support the adoption of gender disaggregated data
Qualifications, Experience and Requirement
Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in international development, public health, gender studies or related field required.
• 5+ years of relevant programmatic experience
• Expertise in a range of community engagement strategies, advocacy, partnerships, and capacity development preferred
• Familiarity with gender integration and youth engagement
• Familiarity with the field of biomedical HIV prevention and PEPFAR programming strongly preferred
• Experience working with government stakeholders and civil society groups strongly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in being able to read, write and speak in English
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of activities
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two reference letters, Certified identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent by email address to: [email protected] or hand deliver to Jhpiego Office, Dolphin House #2, ground floor,23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru by 12 pm on Friday.