Our Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance team push the boundaries of global healthcare through research and innovation. Through clinical trials and surveillance, we ensure the safety and efficacy of our existing and pipeline products to produce safe, effective, innovative medicine.
This role is primarily accountable for the end to end performance and project management for assigned protocols in a country in compliance with ICH/GCP and country regulations, our company’s policies and procedures, quality standards and adverse event reporting requirements internally and externally.
For certain studies, the CRM could be responsible for several countries in a cluster.
- Main Point of Contact (POC) for assigned protocols and link between Country Operations and clinical trial team (CTT).
- Responsible for project management of the assigned studies: pro-actively plans, drives and tracks execution and performance of deliverables/timelines/results to meet country commitments from feasibility and site selection, recruitment, execution and close out.
- Accountable for performance for assigned protocols in a country in compliance with ICH/GCP and country regulations, our company’s policies and procedures, quality standards and adverse event reporting requirements internally and externally.
o Reviews Monitoring Visits Reports and escalates performance issues and training needs to CRA manager and/or functional vendor and internal management as needed.
o Performs Quality control visits as required
- Leads local study teams to high performance: trains in the protocol other local roles, closely collaborates with and supports CRAs as protocol expert and coordinates activities across the different local country roles ensuring a strong collaboration
- Responsible for creating and executing a local risk management plan for assigned studies
- Ensures compliance with CTMS, eTMF and other key systems in assigned studies
- Escalates as needed different challenges and issues to TA Head/CRD/CQM and or CTT (as appropriate)
- Responsible for collaboration with functional outsourcing vendors, investigators, other external partners in assigned studies
- Country POC for programmatically outsourced trials for assigned protocols.
- Serves local business needs as applicable in his/her country (If delegated can sign contracts and manage budgets)
- Collaborates internally with HQ functions and locally with PV, Regulatory and GMA to align on key decisions in his/her studies. GHH to be consulted as needed.
- As a customer-facing role, this position will build business relationships and represent our company with investigators
- Shares protocol-specific information and best practices across countriesclusters
Extent of Travel : up to 30% of working time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge in Project Management and site management.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success required.
- Requires ability to make decisions independently and oversee important activities relevant to clinical research activities according to predetermined global policies and commitments with the support, oversight and supervision of the CRD
- Requires strong understanding of local regulatory environment
- Strong scientific and clinical research knowledge is required
- Strong understanding of clinical trial planning, management and metrics is essential as well as the ability to focus on multiple deliverables and protocols simultaneously.
- Communicates effectively and builds a collaboration spirit in a remote/virtual environment and across countries, cultures and functions
- Ability and skills to manage resource allocation, processes (and controls), productivity, quality and project delivery
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language. The incumbent must be competent and effective in written and verbal communication.
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership skills that enable and drive alignment with the goals, purpose and mission of our Company’s Research Labs, Global Clinical Development (GCD) and GCTO
- Ability to identify problems, conflicts and opportunities early and lead, analyse and prepare mitigation plans and drive conflict resolution is critical.
- Required to negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; settle differences with minimum disruption.
Examples of common problems include:
1) low patient recruitment
2) inadequate staff to meet business needs
3) performance or compliance issues
4) working with regulatory issues and the broader organization
- Educational/pedagogic, diplomatic and empathic skills to effectively build and maintain professional relationships with investigators and other external stakeholders
- 5-6 years of experience in clinical research
- CRA experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science (or comparable)
- Advanced degree, (e.g., Master degree, MD, PhD)
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: