Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : NATIONAL CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
POSITION : CLERICAL ASSISTANT
GRADE : B (M31848.00-M37872.00 P/A)
The holder of the position is responsible to the Assistant Executive Office, the incumbent carries out clerical duties related to circulation and dispatch of mail, correspondence and operating filling system. She/he is also charged with the performance of the following.
• Circulates mail in accordance with procedures and instructions.
• Receives and files official correspondence as indicated by the action required.
• Dispatches open mail correspondence after making sure that such mail is recorded.
• Open both personal and general files whenever the need occurs after consulting the Assistant Executive Officer.
• Responsible for timely file movement and circulation of files as needed by the management staff.
• Maintains and updates register of individual files for both officers in service and officers who have resigned, retired and died.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read and write Sesotho and English.
• Commendable interpersonal skills.
• The position requires someone with accurate recording abilities.
• The incumbent should be able to safe keep, control and maintain large quantities of files.
COSC/LGCSE/GCE plus two (2) years working experience as Office Assistant or related position
JC plus five (5) years working experience
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019