The Motorists Insurance Group has an outstanding opportunity within our Material Damage Claims Unit. Applicants residing within proximity to our Columbus, OH locations is required.
We are seeking customer focused individuals with previous experience with claims handling and body repair estimating experience, with license in Kentucky and West Virginia preferred.
Summary of responsibility:
- Review vehicle damage claims, write appraisals and/or review appraisals from body shops, preferred programs, smart phone apps, independent appraisers, company appraisers and other sources.
- Provide advice and recommendations to resolution specialists and coordinators on the physical damage aspect of a claim.
- Handle salvage disposal on vehicles that are considered total losses.
- Negotiate, settle and pay vehicle damage and total loss claims.
- May be required to testify as to material damage issues in lawsuits involving vehicle damage.
- Capable reviewing and writing estimates on 8 to 12 vehicles per day and meeting acceptable turnaround and quality standards.
- May use an independent appraiser/adjuster to assist on inspections not in a company covered area.
- Comply with Motorists claims organization policies and procedures for contact and communication, determination of claims values, completion of forms and reports, and negotiation and settlement of claims.
- Assist in catastrophe claims handling throughout the company operating territory.
- Handle rental claims
Ready to join our team?
At Motorists Insurance Group and BrickStreet Insurance, we firmly believe that our associates drive our company’s success by delivering unrivaled service to our customers. With success in mind, we make an ongoing effort to provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us to discover a work experience where your diverse ideas will be met with enthusiasm – where you can learn and grow to your fullest potential.
What you can expect from us
Join our family of industry leaders, and let us reward you with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: a 401(k), wellness programs, bonus incentive plans and flexible schedules, with an early close of the office every Friday. Additionally, Motorists and BrickStreet aspire to be outstanding corporate citizens in all the markets we serve; we encourage and support associate participation in community initiatives through the Motorists Insurance Group Foundation.
Motorists Insurance Group and BrickStreet Insurance are EOE/E-Verify employers.