Application Deadline: Sunday, 19 May 2019
The YouthStartCT Challenge is a start-up programme which aims to contribute to skills development and innovation, as well as encouraging entrepreneurship in Cape Town.
YouthStartCT want you to share your best entrepreneurial ideas for boosting employment in your local community. In exchange, we will provide training and development opportunities for start-ups and the overall winner will be given the chance to partner with the City on projects that benefit jobseekers and provide long-term employment opportunities.
How it works
submit their business ideas between Thursday, 18 April – Sunday, 19 May
2019. Every entry will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Hydroponics business ideas (growing plants and herbs that do not rely on water or soil)
- Mobile application development (using technology to help prevent online scams and theft of personal information)
- Social development business ideas (upliftment projects that can increase employment and upskill local talent)
- Water saving business ideas (innovative ways to preserve Cape Town’s water supply).
The top 100 entrants will be
notified by email by Saturday, 25 May 2019 and will be offered training
and mentoring workshops to further develop their ideas.
will be required to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges between
Wednesday, 29 May – Saturday, 22 June and a number of entries will be
eliminated from the competition each week.
The winner, alongside two finalists, will be announced at a gala dinner on Tuesday, 25 June.
How to enter
- Create a three minute video explaining your idea, with as much detail as possible.
- Upload the video to a public video platform such as YouTube. Make sure you note down the URL as you will need to include it in your entry form.
- Complete the YouthStartCT entry form.
- Submit your entry by Sunday, 19 May 2019.
For More Information: