Applications for the 2023-2025 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program are now being accepted. Expand your network, collaborate across disciplines, and explore cutting-edge ideas with unrestricted research support. Join our community of international researchers addressing the most important questions facing science and humanity.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars join a CIFAR research program for two years, interacting within a global network of internationally renowned
researchers pursuing a fundamental research question. In the setting of twice-yearly program meetings, held in locations around the world (or virtually as travel restrictions dictate), CIFAR’s programs bridge disciplines, develop a common language, and regularly spark collaboration and inspiration that lead to new research directions and fields of inquiry.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides:
Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem.
Excellent management and communication skills will be key to success in the demanding and competitive world of research.
Engagement in global communities
Tomorrow’s research leaders must effectively engage key stakeholders in their communities, in government, industry, or the general public to both inform and disseminate their work.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action
For More Information: