ChildSafe is a nonprofit organisation based in Cape Town. ChildSafe works to reduce childhood injuries of all severity through research, education, environmental change and recommendations for legislation. To achieve this, the organisation works in co-operation with government, industry, non-governmental and community-based organisations, community groups and individuals. ChildSafe believes that every child has a right to grow and flourish in a safe environment without the risk of being hurt.
ChildSafe seeks to appoint a Project Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
This is a full-time, office-based, one-year fixed-term contract
- Provide support in planning, coordinating and implementing the project activities in selected schools
- liaise with schools, partners and service providers to ensure timely and quality implementation of the project
- Bachelor degree in Education, Social Development, Social Work or related field
- This role would suit someone with three years’ project implementation experience in a similar role, preferably with vulnerable children in an educational setting
- Strong computer literacy and Microsoft skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to communicating with both adults and children
- Public speaking and training skills, especially training of children in an educational setting
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation desirable
- Must have organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills and is detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Ability to prioritise daily tasks and can work efficiently and independently
- Ability to plan, take initiative and maintain a professional manner while being flexible and supportive
To apply, visit the organisations website to download the application form: https://www.childsafe.org.za/vacancies.html and submit your completed application form along with your CV to [email protected]
Only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
For more about ChildSafe, refer to www.childsafe.org.za