Catholic Relief Services, the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States is currently recruiting for 8 CHILD HELPLINE SOCIAL WORKERS in Maseru, Lesotho.
The Child Helpline Social Worker will provide in-depth telephone counselling and provide face-to-face assistance in emergency and drop-in cases. He/ She will facilitate referrals to service providers including KB Consortium members depending on need. He/ She will operate within case management processes of the Ministry of Social Development for sustainability. The social Worker will contribute to the monitoring and reporting through administering case management tools to document calls and referrals.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- To provide Psycho-Social support services including 24hours toll free child Helpline to all children
- To create strategic multi-sectoral alliances that will advocate for ensuring child protection in Lesotho
- To provide education, training and awareness raising programs on child protection issues
- Generate data that will support evidence-based programming
- To stand-by for emergencies and attend to crisis
- To provide counselling and therapy on-line and off-line
- In conjunction with the KB structures that are already existing, sensitize children, communities and relevant stakeholders on children’s rights and child abuse and the role of the child helpline in responding to children’s issues
- In conjunction with the KB information department, Organize and participate in campaigns and develop IEC materials that popularize the child helpline
- In conjunction with the KB information department, participate in TV shows and radio talks and other social media platforms to popularize the child Helpline
- And any other function that may be necessary for the success of the Child Helpline
Experience and Requirements
- Degree in Social Work
- 2 year’s work relevant social work experience with either international development programs, or the public sector such as the MoSD, or other appropriate Ministry.
- Knowledge of Child Helpline interventions specifically case management
- Strong competence in collaboration, integration, capacity building, facilitation, and research
- Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks.
Required Languages – Fluency in English and Sesotho
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%.
Interested candidates should submit CV and cover letter, no later than 20th November 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject: CH SW CRS LS. Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL DISQUALIFY YOUR APPLICATION
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer