Letšeng seeks to engage a qualified Mosotho professional with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of Chief Mine Surveyor (Paterson Band DU).
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Mineral Resources Manager, the Chief Mine Surveyor will be responsible for accurate completion of all survey related activities on the mine and carries the legal responsibility for all ore depletion and reconciliation reporting.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain a schedule of all routine survey work to be achieved
• Develop, maintain and review survey codes of practice, policies and procedures and ensures their review
• Ensure that slope stability monitoring is done to satisfy the requirements of the Geotechnical Engineer
• Provide an efficient survey service and support system to mining, engineering, geology and site services for non-routine surveys
• Ensure the accurate scheduled surveying of production sites to determine the depletion of reserves and informs the mine planning process
• Conduct monthly reconciliation of all ore, waste and stockpile movements
• Establish and maintain effective systems for both the electronic and manual storage and retrieval of survey data and plans
• Action talent management initiatives for team members (performance review, talent review, etc).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Surveying or Equivalent
• At least 8 years of relevant open pit mine surveying experience of which 3 years shall have been at a Lower D level
• Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency (MSCC) would be an added advantage
• Completion of a recognised Management Development Programme would be an advantage
• Light Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The ability to execute outputs with exactness and precision thereby eliminating errors
Knowledge of volumetric depletion from 3-D models and reconciliation of volumetric mineral resources; advanced PC skills and computer literacy
Extensive knowledge of mine surveying techniques and practices
• Candidate will be required to undergo a Medical Examination of fitness
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CVs to The Human Resources Office via email on [email protected] Applications should bear the reference: i95/259/CMS.
CLOSING DATE: 4 December 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.