- Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
- In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- Embrace the concept of Botho with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
Lead and manage the finance portfolio for the Bank, ensuring professional and ethical financial standards, practices and governance, and a cohesive finance service offering that is aligned to the Bank’s strategies. Determine and direct financial strategy for the Bank in partnership with the CEO and Exco. Serve as an active member of the senior-management team, prepare financial reports and budgets for the executive to support the financial decision making process, and ensure that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet business short and long term objectives and regulatory body requirements.
experience and qualifications
- Post-graduate qualification.
- Qualified Accountant with a recognized B.Com (Hons) / B Comp. – Accounting degree or equivalent.
- A registered member of a professional institution as a chartered accountant or equivalent.
- CFA qualification, MBA qualification or equivalent (Advantageous).
- +7 years track at executive financial management and leadership level.
- Essential to have Financial services or banking experience.
- Media experience will definitely take preference.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance and Risk Management.
- Advanced Excel and advanced financial modelling. Sql for reporting is advantageous
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- To drive in the setting and agreement with executive management the FNBB Finance strategy and objectives, based on the overall strategic direction of the Bank.
- To improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analysing trends and data.
- To translate policy into achievable targets in order to achieve the Banks objectives.
- To implement and maintain an accounting and financial management system, that includes financial reporting standards.
- To ensure financial controls and disciplines are in place for FNBB, including adherence to FNB Group’ accounting policies.
- To provide relevant inputs into the budgeting cycle for the development of the Finance Division’s budget, including forecasting.
- To identify gaps between current policies and procedures and future strategies, directions and policies To review and sign off on annual financial statements for submission to EXCO and Group