Lesotho National Development Corporation (LNDC) is a national implementing agency for the industrial and commercial development of Lesotho established in terms the LNDC Act.20 of 1967 (as amended). It is a parastatal of the Government of Lesotho mandated to initiate, promote and facilitate both domestic and foreign investments to create jobs and increase income for households.
LNDC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced interested candidates for the following position:
Position – Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Job
The position reports to the Board of Directors. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking executive in the Corporation, whose primary responsibilities include making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of the Corporation, acting as the main point of communication between the Board of Directors and corporate operations and being the public face of the Corporation.
Term of contract
Three (3) year fixed term contract.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate and or Masters degree in Business Management or Management related field with 10 year’s work experience, five (5) of which should be in an Executive management level.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following functions:
• Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
• Leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
• Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors.
• Formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or organization.
• Overseeing the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
• Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals.
• Developing and implementing a sustainable resource mobilisation strategy.
• Reviewing and frequently reporting to the Board the risk management programs.
• Ensuring compliance with corporate governance guidelines by all stakeholders.
• Representing the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level
• Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the CEO’s leadership skills, the organization’s reputation, and the organization’s potential for success.
• Providing leadership in communication and advocacy functions of the organization and lead the execution of the communication and advocacy strategy with integrity and excellence.
• Managing Corporation human capital through implementation of performance management system, providing opportunity for training and continuous development programs.
• Ensuring, in consultation with the Chairman and the Corporate Secretary as appropriate, that the executive team comply with the Board’s approved procedures, including matters reserved to the Board for its decision and each Committee’s Terms of Reference.
Knowledge, skills and behavioural attributes
• Ability to contribute to the formulation of strategic vision, to think innovatively about new
approaches to complex issues.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with industry mandate.
• Demonstrate ability to lead development‐oriented programs in Africa.
• Established leader, pervasive team builder, people focused, strategic thinker, with strong
management and supervisory skills, including the ability to recommend and make difficult decisions.
• Knowledge of organizational and financial policies and practices.
• Excellent trust – and relationship –building skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, integrity,
responsiveness, and decisiveness. Ability to work in partnership with other executives and senior
management to achieve the above.
• Ability to identify and harness business opportunities and demonstrable experience in resource
• Proven experience in developing strategic plans and their implementation
• Oversight and managing institutional and project budgets, resources, and staff.
• Demonstrate ability to coach, mentor and support the professional development of others.
• Technical expertise and experience in investment climate policy environment, global trends and regional drivers of foreign direct investment and business environment.
• Demonstrates technical expertise to contribute to the design of and implementation of projects, advise peers and Management on approaches and measures toward improving business and investment climate in Lesotho.
• Experience in business environment analysis and development of instrument and tools for measuring impacts and results.
• Strong knowledge of socio-economic, investment climate, regulatory reforms and policies and business environment issues in African countries and globally.
• Strong knowledge of Corporate Governance.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their applications cover letter, detailed CV with names and addresses of three contactable referees and certified copies of academic certificates to: [email protected] By Thursday 24th December 2020 at 16:00 Hours. All documents should be in pdf format and no hardcopy documents should be send to the LNDC offices. Late applications or those send to a different email other than [email protected] will not be considered.
Enquires should be directed to: [email protected] or (+266 2231 2012)
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appoint suitable candidates that meet applications requirements. No late applications will be accepted.