Job title: Chief Executive
Company: LESOTHO HIGHLANDS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The LHDA seeks to employ a Chief Executive. Reporting to the LHDA Board of Directors, which in turn is answerable to the Lesotho Highlands Water Commission (LHWC), the Chief Executive (CE) leads the management and administration of LHDA operations and provides leadership for the LHDA in line with the broad policy framework of the Board. He/she participates in formulating that policy and ensures its implementation by assembling and delegating the necessary authority to a competent management team.
A university degree in either Engineering, Environmental Science, Management, Economics, Corporate Law, Social Sciences or Finance. A post-graduate qualification in Management, Engineering and/or contracts management will be an added advantage. A minimum of 10 years’ proven experience operating at executive management level. Must demonstrate strong project management and strategic planning skills abilities. A highly ethical individual who has demonstrable ability to consistently act with integrity and honesty.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To ensure that the Board is adequately briefed concerning activities of the Authority.
- To maintain positive relationships between the LHDA and the Lesotho Government by ensuring that effective communication takes place between the LHDA and Government Departments through the Lesotho Highlands Water Commission
- To develop strategy and Risk Management framework
- To elevate the LHDA brand and promote effective communication
- To assist the Board to build constructive relationship with LHWC in accordance with the requirements of the Treaty
- To formulate and revisit, medium and long term strategic plans for the activities of the Authority on an annual basis by constantly scanning and monitoring the macro-environment for key trends and critical factors, in order to maintain a strategic advantage
- To develop and monitor that business plans are broken down into budgets and project plans for effective implementation
- To ensure that the Divisions successfully achieve their objectives by establishing and maintaining an effective organisation structure
- To monitor performance of the Authority
- To develop and implement a biophysical and cultural resources management strategy
- Initiates and facilitates ongoing organisational culture and structure change within the Authority
- To ensure capacity building and staff progression by designing and implementing an organisational career development plan and succession plan